I know...another hummus question
  Re: (...)
How long does fresh hummus usually keep? I'm going to make some, but have no idea how long it will stay good.
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: I know...another hummus question by Bizymomma (How long does fresh ...)
Oh Bizy, are you making it ahead of time for a party? I would feel comfortable making it 3 days before. If you put it in tupperware with saran wrap over the top, and press down to keep all the air out the beans in the dip wouldn't dry out. Kinda like keeping the 'scum' off of pudding. Then at serving, spread it on the plate and drizzle with evoo and your chopped parsley or whatever.

We love it so much that ours will only last in the frig for a day or two, because we eat it.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: I know...another hummus question by Half_Baked (Oh Bizy, are you mak...)
Nope, not for a party....for me!
I decided that after eating the premade stuff..which I wasn't really crazy about, that I would give it the benefit of the doubt and make it from scratch. WOW, what a difference!! I even took a little of the original, put it in my smaller food processor, and added some roasted red peppers! I really like this..it's different!

Thanks to everyone for your input! Yet another thing I probably would not have ventured to try if it had not been for you guys! *group hug*
  Re: Re: I know...another hummus question by Bizymomma (Nope, not for a part...)
Oh, I love it with roasted red peppers! Gobble it up. It is very good for you: protein, lemon, garlic and evoo.

We won't discuss the tahini...roflmao
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: I know...another hummus question by Half_Baked (Oh, I love it with r...)
DH loved it too! Yippee for me!
  Re: Re: I know...another hummus question by Bizymomma (DH loved it too! Yi...)
I will make a huge batch of hummus. No matter how much I make, I can even double that, it's gone within 24 hours. I have read somewhere that it will last up to 5 days covered in the fridge--I would think that you need to bring to room temp before eating though---could be dead wrong on that!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy