Orzo Question
  Re: (...)
Ok, I have two 1 lb bags of orzo, half-pound of baby portabellos, 3 ounces of pinenuts, some Parm. Reg. Any suggestions for the orzo? I've had it with mushrooms, but not with any of the other stuff.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Orzo Question by bjcotton (Ok, I have two 1 lb ...)
What a nice combination, Billy! here's what I might do -

Reconstitute some sun-dried tomatoes (~1/4 cup to 1/4 cup boiling water). saute them up with leeks, the sliced mushrooms and a couple cloves garlic, 2-4 minutes.

cook up some orzo, drain and mix with the above - while the orzo is cooking, toast the pine nuts and add to the orzo mixture. Pour all in a casserole and bake at 400-425 F for 20-25 min. - top with Parm. and return to oven for a few more minutes to let cheese get a little color.

This would make a nice side dish or a good vege. dish.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Orzo Question by cjs (What a nice combinat...)
Whoa Jean! That sounds great. Don't have sun dried tomatoes or leeks, but have a sweet onion and I could finish it with some sage chiffonade mixed in with the onion, mushrooms, and pinenuts, and then the Parm. The sage would connect it to the chix dish. Whacha think?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Orzo Question by bjcotton (Whoa Jean! That sou...)
I think you're talking delicious!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com