Salmon
  Re: (...)
My favorite way with Salmon is lemon juice, brown sugar & fresh tarragon and grilled/roasted.

Roy grabbed my least favorite veggie at the farmer's market last weekend - cauliflower, so I was off to find something he would like and I would tolerate.

I have a new book "Hot Vegetables" by Hugh Carpenter & Teri Sandison and found in it, "Stir-Fried Cauliflower with Mediterranean Accents". Also, had some salmon thawed...and didn't think tarragon would go with this.

I subbed (dried) dill weed for the tarragon and it was wonderful!! Had never used b. sugar and dill together, but it worked. I'm adding 'brown sugar' to the dill listing in my Culinary Artistry book.

The cauliflower dish?? Roy had three helpings - I was O.K. with it, loved the seasonings - will post if anyone is interested in a cauliflower recipe. But, I'm just not a fan and it's just a side bar to this post anyway! It's the salmon that was so good!

It's time for new Salmon ideas, since we have so many new friends on board... (hint, hint )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Salmon by cjs (My favorite way with...)
My favorite salmon is to rub with a little ev olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and coarse ground pepper. Roast at 250 for 20-25 min. Squeeze a little lemon juice over it and serve with a lemon rice, salad and a pinot noir. Old standby.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Salmon by Old Bay (My favorite salmon i...)
simpler the better, isn't it???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Salmon by cjs (simpler the better, ...)
Some of my friends had salmon at a restaurant and said they subbed lime for the lemon. They said it was delicious.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Salmon by cjs (simpler the better, ...)
I think I posted this many moons ago. We sometimes marinate salmon in a favorite blend (and that brwn sug dill sounds good)and grill on a soaked cedar plank. Really nice and different, buttery kind of flavor.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
This is very similar to a recipe that I use---I add a little orange juice and soy sauce for a more Asian blend--gives a nice sweet crust to the salmon---YUMMMM!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Salmon by Roxanne 21 (This is very similar...)
AND---I have two books by Carpenter and Sanderson on very unique ways to prepare and present chicken---I have prepared EVERY recipe from their books and pleased with MOST of them. I'll drum up the titles if any one is interested.
  Re: Re: Salmon by Roxanne 21 (AND---I have two boo...)
...aren't we always???
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Salmon by cjs (...aren't we always?...)
This is the chicken---

HOT CHICKEN
Hugh Carpenter & Teri Sandison

This book has a wonderful and varied compilation of chicken recipes from every corner of the world--ingredients are readily adaptable for those hard to find ones---and the authors give side dishes as well as dessert recommendations for every entree----love this book!!!

CHOPSTIX
Hugh Carpenter and Teri Sandison
Quick Cooking with Pacific Flavors

Title says it all---these recipes are a fusion of the Pacific--both sides--wonderful combinations of Asian and Californian/Mexican cuisines. Nice changes in the ordinary fare---my go to when I want something a little different and I feel adventurous--but easy recipes to put together.
I like to rub a little olive oil on it and sprinkle it with a sliced scallion and fresh dill, put about 1/4 cup of dry white wine, cover tightly and steam it at 350 for about 20-30 min. depending upon thickness.