Halloween Treats
  Re: (...)
Just curious, what kinds of things do you give out for Halloween? I'm living vicariously here, I don't get any trick or treaters, too far out in the boonies I guess lol
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Halloween Treats by farnfam (Just curious, what k...)
I know I sound like a real downer, but I will not do Halloween. I will not do Mother or Fathers Day. If one of my kids even wished me Happy Mothers Day, I would do my biscuit. I never once let my kids go trick or treating, even when the other kids went off. grumble, mumble, stomps off.......
  Re: Halloween Treats by farnfam (Just curious, what k...)
Bah, humbug on ye, Dale!!!!

Oh Cis, for the last (at least) 25 years we were in the same boat as you - except for grandchildren and family friends who made the effort to get out to us, we never could participate either!!

But, this year we live in town, so we'll see what happens - naturally Roy bot all candies that we like in case no one comes - we are in big trouble!! I love seeing the little ones.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Halloween Treats by cjs ( Bah, humbug on ye, ...)
oh yes Jean the little ones in the fairy and princess outfits. It's often snowing but not tonite, so they can really enjoy. The two girls we sometimes babysat would come to show us their outfits. But they are grown now, one time the mother made them Little Bo Peep and the baby was the sheep. I'm wanting a Kit Kat bar now
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Halloween Treats by farnfam (oh yes Jean the litt...)
Bah, humbug, LOL Jean so true. If anyone called on me, I would give them a wee plate of pate and veggie sandies, fit for a Duchesses table, but they won't call on me, our estate knows better now.
  Re: Re: Halloween Treats by vannin (Bah, humbug, LOL Je...)
I was in the grocery store for coffee today and passed the candy aisle where this man was loading his basket with candy. I asked if it was on sale or something. He gave me a look like "What planet are you from?" He said, "It's Halloween!" "It is? I thought that was last night." So, I bought one bag of, I think they're called tootsie roll pops. The tootsie roll center surrounded by candy? My sis lives out in the country, so I doubt I'll get any. That's ok by me...kids, bah humbug..oh, that's Christmas isn't it?

About 5 more weeks and I'm out of here 35 days to be exact.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Halloween Treats by bjcotton (I was in the grocery...)
35 days and counting Billy. We have a wedding on 25th Nov. and a Xmas party for the vets on 2nd Dec. Maybe a family arbitration on the 22nd Nov. 30 people at family arbitration, that may be a bit of a challenge. ;Þ I don't shouting and shrieking, but any fighting must take place on the front lawn.
  Re: Re: Halloween Treats by vannin (35 days and counting...)
Sounds like fun...ask 'em to put it off until Dec 6th or 7th, then we can watch and cheer 'em on
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy