My Mystery Box
  Re: (...)
Ok last night was my mystery box. The only item we knew for sure was chicken.

The other ingredients were - beets, blackeyed peas, cabbage, baby carrots, spinach, orzo rice, couscous, parsnips, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, panko bread crumbs, baquettes, oranges and limes.

We could choose 3 items and if we chose it we had to use it. We had to serve the protein, grain and veggie.

I chose an orange, spinach and baquette. We had free range of herbs both dry and fresh, as well as 'wet' goods. I chose fresh sage, thyme and marjoram.

I took my chicken and crusted it with fresh sage and panko bread crumbs and seared it to get a good crust and then just finished it in the oven. I made fresh sage dressing and took 1/2 the orange and chopped it up into the dressing. I reserved the orange half.

The other orange half when make a light orange butter, this was drizzled over the sauteed spinach. I also made a light pan sauce which was drizzled over the sliced chicken breast.

Lol can you tell I have Thanksgiving on my brain?

According to Chef I had the most ingredients but finished under the alloted time. I think 4 others just did a baked chicken breast (plain) and then sauteed some of the baby veggies with it. One did do a rice under the chicken. Another student did fried chicken and that was just yummy!! I had to steal a piece. Yet another did a balsamic glazed chicken that made my mouth water.

All in all a very fun night
  Re: My Mystery Box by DFen911 (Ok last night was my...)
Whooooopeee! sounds like an A+ to me, Denise! Good for you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My Mystery Box by cjs (Whooooopeee! sounds ...)
You really knocked their socks off! Great job!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: My Mystery Box by Half_Baked (You really knocked t...)
Well done, Denise----what a spectacular use of your choices---what time is dinner???? BTW---I'll bring dessert or the wine--- OR BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: My Mystery Box by Roxanne 21 (Well done, Denise---...)
Great imagination and use of products. Sounds delicious. You done good girl!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: My Mystery Box by bjcotton (Great imagination an...)
Just marvelous Denise, I am delighted with your expertise.
  Re: My Mystery Box by DFen911 (Ok last night was my...)
What a great job! Sounds delish!!

PJ
PJ