Jean and BJ, have you washed away?
  Re: (...)
I'm watching the news and 10" of rain is so dangerous. I see Jean posting but haven't seen BJ at all. Hope he's not floating out to sea.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Jean and BJ, have you washed away? by Half_Baked (I'm watching the new...)
I think he's out buying his luggage!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Jean and BJ, have you washed away? by Roxanne 21 (I think he's out buy...)
Yeah, I saw that on tv too! You guys need to invest in canoes instead of cookbooks!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Jean and BJ, have you washed away? by Bizymomma (Yeah, I saw that on ...)
Shopping for luggage in a canoe...lol!
Jan

Re: Re: Jean and BJ, have you washed away? by Half_Baked (Shopping for luggage...)
Nah Jan, I only went downtown in a canoe when I lived in Key West. We didn't get the rain here until last night. The river isn't up much so we can stand a whole lot more rain before there's ANY danger here. Just get wet if you go outside

I got my luggage yesterday. I got a 5 piece set of American Tourister for $88. Not bad. When you're not using it, all the other pieces fit inside one another so all you've got to store is the large suitcase. Qantas told me I was allowed 2 pieces of checked luggage with the largest piece total measurements [width, length and depth] of 62 inches. Mine came to 61 inches and you can expand it another 2 inches, so I'd better leave it in the small configuration. Got my passport, some NZ money, called all my banks to let them know I'd be using their cards in NZ, sent out all the Xmas presents that need sending yesterday, so I'm pretty well set except for minor details like packing
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Jean and BJ, have you washed away? by bjcotton (Nah Jan, I only went...)
It just poured the entire time we were in Port Townsend (~ 45 mi east of Port Angeles), but we came home yesterday to the blue hole!!!

gorgeous sunshine!! I love this place.

But east of us is really bad - we lived in Issaquah during the floods of the 90s and it was awful and they are saying this is much worse. I'm just stayin' here till we head south!

Jan, my computer will be on a float with me, I'll post to the end...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jean and BJ, have you washed away? by cjs (It just poured the e...)
"my computer will be on a float with me, I will post untill the end".

LOL Jean, get it its own personal life jacket. Pleased to hear You are above the waves.
  Re: Re: Jean and BJ, have you washed away? by cjs (It just poured the e...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
From what I've seen on the news, it is very frightening out there.
Jan

Re: Re: Jean and BJ, have you washed away? by Half_Baked (From what I've seen ...)
Each time I drive along highway 99 going to my sister's house I look across the Willamette river at the multi-million dollar homes on its banks and remember 10-15 years ago when all you could see was part of the second floors or none of the lower single story homes. But, they refurbished 'em and are there again. Luckily we aren't even near the flood stage there yet. That same year in downtown Portland they were sandbagging the containment wells of the river to keep from flooding the city. During normal levels it's about 20-30 feet from the water to the tops of the containment walls. Before it reaches my sis' house we'd all be in trouble since she's about 200' higher than Portland.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy