Glazed Pork Roast
  Re: (...)
I am new to this forum so do not know if this has been discussed yet. Has anyone made the Glazed Pork Roast shown in the October 2006 issue? Thinking of making this for Christmas eve and would love to hear from someone who has made this already. Thanks...
  Re: Glazed Pork Roast by emmasmimi (I am new to this for...)
Emma,

First of all, welcome! I know you'll enjoy it here.

I haven't tried that yet, so I can't help you out, but it sure sounds good! Someone who has will come along shortly, I'm sure.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Glazed Pork Roast by emmasmimi (I am new to this for...)
Welcome Emma!! No, I haven't tried it yet either, but it sure looks good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Glazed Pork Roast by cjs (Welcome Emma!! No, I...)
Welcome Emma! We are really enjoying the site and hope you will, too.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Glazed Pork Roast by Half_Baked (Welcome Emma! We ar...)
Welcome Emma. I did a pork loin roast using that sauce and it was delicious. Our butcher shop in the area closed so I couldn't get it with the ribs attached. I brined the loin to insure it would stay moist and it did. I will definitely do this again. Instead of bringing the meat to an internal temp of 145°, I brought it up to 150° for my BIL. I did not do the Sage Dressing Muffins, nor the Apple Salsa Topping, so I cannot comment on those.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Glazed Pork Roast by bjcotton (Welcome Emma. I did...)
Thank you for letting me know that the sauce was good - was not too sure about molasses... Will make the Sage Dressing Muffins to go with pork when I do make it.. Will also try to make the pork loin with ribs - will look fancy for Christmas eve........
Thanks again and hello to everyone..........
  Re: Re: Glazed Pork Roast by emmasmimi (Thank you for lettin...)
Hi Emma and welcome! I'm new here too, and everyone has made me feel so welcome. They really have a lot of fun on this forum.

I'm really interested in your sage stuffing muffins. Could you post the recipe? Thanks. Hope you check in often.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Glazed Pork Roast by Mare749 (Hi Emma and welcome!...)
Just happens to be sitting right here in front of my Maryann. Here goes:

Sage Dressing Muffins
CuisineAtHome October 2006, pg 11
Makes eight 6-oz muffins
Total time: 2 hours

STALE; WHISK TOGETHER AND ADD:
8 cups French bread, cubed
2 cups chicken broth
3 large eggs
1/2 cup whole milk
SAUTÉ IN 3 T. UNSALTED BUTTER; COMBINE WITH SOAKED BREAD:
1 cup onion, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 T. minced fresh sage
1 t. kosher salt
1 t. black pepper.

STALE bread on a baking sheet in a 250° oven until dry, about 1 hour. Butter eight 6-oz. ramekins (or a muffin tin).

Whisk broth, eggs, and milk in a bowl; add to bread and toss gently. Let mixture stand until liquid is absorbed, at least 5 minutes.

SAUTÉ onion and celery in butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in parsley, sage, and seasonings; cook 1 minute. Combine with bread mixture

Divide dressing among ramekins, mounding it gently on top. Bake at 375° for 45-60 minutes, or until browned and set. Invert muffins onto serving plates.

There ya be young lady!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Glazed Pork Roast by emmasmimi (Thank you for lettin...)
Welcome Emma----we do have fun and have some really great recipes and advice willingly shared.

NH, huh? My old stamping grounds when I was a kid!! Which part?

I have made that recipe and it is incredibly tasty---the sauce was great. This will be a nice Christmas Eve dinner--not the usual fare by any stretch!! Enjoy the forum!! Hope you pop in often!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Glazed Pork Roast by Roxanne 21 (Welcome Emma----we d...)
Emma, just noticed you are from NH, too. What part of the state? I'm about 14 miles in from the coast.

What about you, Roxanne? I take it you spent your vacations here, on the beach or in the mountains, maybe? We're lucky to have both.

PJ
PJ