Sage Dressing Muffins
  Re: (...)
Billy very nicely posted this - yesterday?? - and I made them last nite - they are incredibly good. I had l/o sourddough from the weekend and had planned to make French toast for dinner, but when I saw this...

I added dried cranberries to the mixture and it was tasty. I'm going to make these for Thanksgiving also. Just made 1/2 the recipe this time, now I wish I'd made more...

Sage Dressing Muffins
CuisineAtHome October 2006, pg 11
Makes eight 6-oz muffins
Total time: 2 hours

STALE; WHISK TOGETHER AND ADD:
8 cups French bread, cubed
2 cups chicken broth
3 large eggs
1/2 cup whole milk
SAUTÉ IN 3 T. UNSALTED BUTTER; COMBINE WITH SOAKED BREAD:
1 cup onion, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 T. minced fresh sage
1 t. kosher salt
1 t. black pepper.

STALE bread on a baking sheet in a 250° oven until dry, about 1 hour. Butter eight 6-oz. ramekins (or a muffin tin).

Whisk broth, eggs, and milk in a bowl; add to bread and toss gently. Let mixture stand until liquid is absorbed, at least 5 minutes.

SAUTÉ onion and celery in butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in parsley, sage, and seasonings; cook 1 minute. Combine with bread mixture

Divide dressing among ramekins, mounding it gently on top. Bake at 375° for 45-60 minutes, or until browned and set. Invert muffins onto serving plates.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sage Dressing Muffins by cjs (Billy very nicely p...)
I am so far behind...we had a death in the family. My brother lost his MIL and I have been helping out at his house and running constantly.

I have made these and they are good. I bet the cranberries are a great addition! Thanks for the idea...I'm still kinda going in circles today.
  Re: Re: Sage Dressing Muffins by dollop (I am so far behind.....)
oh dollop, I'm so sorry to hear that - your brother and his wife needs big hugs from you right now, so slow down and concentrate on them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sage Dressing Muffins by cjs (oh dollop, I'm so so...)
I am sorry to hear about your family's loss Dollop. Please tell them they are in my prayers. Take it as easy as you can and don't wear yourself out.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Sage Dressing Muffins by bjcotton (I am sorry to hear a...)
Thank you, both! I appreciate your kindness. My 18 year old nephew is taking it pretty hard. He hasn't really had to deal with death much...not since my Father passed away and he was such a young one then.

I hope things will settle down in about 4 more days. Thank you again.
  Re: Re: Sage Dressing Muffins by dollop (Thank you, both! I ...)
I am sorry your family has suffered this loss Dollop, it is always painful, and never easy. Special thoughts to your nephew, at 18 years he is very tender, the dew still upon his manhood. How hard things are for the young.
  Re: Re: Sage Dressing Muffins by vannin (I am sorry your fami...)
Thank you so much. I helped him with his "best suit" yesterday afternoon. We both had a good cry as he has been very close to both of his Grandmothers. Bless his heart, he's worried about my Mom now.

This aspect of "life" is a necessary evil...but it is so fresh right now. We will have a sad Thanksgiving as she was always here to share it with us. But her enjoyment of life will be with us!

Thank you all, again.
  Re: Re: Sage Dressing Muffins by dollop (Thank you so much. ...)
Special thoughts are with you at this very sad time. The happy memories will get you and your family through this, and I'm sure there are many.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Sage Dressing Muffins by dollop (Thank you so much. ...)
Dollop I am so sorry It's so hard to lose a loved one, but when it's near the holidays, for me, it's more so.

Hugs to you and your family. I'll be thinking of you. I wish we were all closer together so we could all pitch in and help each other out at times like these.
  Re: Re: Sage Dressing Muffins by DFen911 (Dollop I am so sorry...)
Thank you all so much. You must know that your words mean so much to me.

This site has such lovely members (to say nothing about awesome "foodies!").