What An person!
  Re: (...)
I made the Slow-Cooker Burritos for dinner tonight and decided to serve it with rice for the juice. Well, I had one cup of basmati rice to use before I opened the new bag. I poured it into the rice maker, opened the cupboard and thought, "I wonder what kind of rice that is?" There was some long-grain I didn't recognize. So I measured out a cup and put it in with the basmati. Soon, it was done. I dished it up and the odd rice was a little...well, pretty sticky...you guessed it, that odd rice was orzo! Ate the mixture anyway..not bad
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: What An Idiot! by bjcotton (I made the Slow-Cook...)
Have a belly laugh on y'solf Billy, that is funny.
  Re: Re: What An Idiot! by vannin (Have a belly laugh o...)
About two weeks ago I was tearing things apart cussing, muttering, and moaning because I couldn't find the two boxes of orzo I'd just bought....guess I found 'em huh?

Billy
  Re: What An Idiot! by bjcotton (I made the Slow-Cook...)
What Dale said...

As I head towards 50, I find myself doing things like this more and more.

You ate it, you liked it, and you had a good laugh. (As did we hahaha!). If it hasn't already been done (I've been up for about 20 hrs now and I'm too tired to look) wouldn't it be fun to start a thread about CRS in the kitchen?

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: What An Idiot! by pjcooks (What Dale said...[br...)
Been there myself. My brother was visiting from Florida and I wanted to make a nice risotto to go with dinner. I was attempting to multi-task which I used to be so good at. After cooking some onions in olive oil and butter for a few minutes to soften them, I added what I thought was arborio rice, only it was barley. I added water and put it on the back of the stove to cook, then started over with the risotto. Oh well, it gave me a reason to make beef barley soup!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What An Idiot! by pjcooks (What Dale said...[br...)
Good idea PJ, I don't think we have started one on that, have at it. You first

Billy
  Re: Re: What An Idiot! by bjcotton (Good idea PJ, I don'...)
Yes Billy, you first, I have forgotten where the kitchen door is.
  Re: Re: What An Idiot! by vannin (Yes Billy, you first...)
I'll have to think a while, CRS has temporarily wiped the old ones from the mind

Billy
  Re: Re: What An Idiot! by Mare749 (Been there myself. ...)
MARE749: Too bad you didn't continue making the risotto with the barley. While it isn't actual risotto it's still a wonderful substitute. There are many recipes for "risotto" using barley in place of Arborio rice. I've made a few of those recipes and I really like the change.
  Re: Re: What An Idiot! by VegasDramaQueen (MARE749: Too bad you...)
Thanks Gloria, I had no idea! Now that I'm thinking about it, it really would be just as tasty.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."