Clay casseroles
  Re: (...)
Does anyone have one of these? I purchased a large baking dish from one of those home parties that people have. Only got to use it a few times before it cracked right in half! Anyway, I never found out what was suppose to be so great about cooking in clay.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Clay casseroles by Mare749 (Does anyone have one...)
I had one and used it for braising in the oven. I never found it to be much different than using a cast iron Dutch oven other than I was supposed to soak it in water before using. Finally gave it away...don't miss it.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Clay casseroles by bjcotton (I had one and used i...)
Thanks Billy, I was getting it in my head that I might want another one. I'll save my money.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Clay casseroles by Mare749 (Thanks Billy, I was ...)
Those were the "flavor of the month" a while ago--I never purchased one because I like my ordinary dutch ovens---never let me down. The actual dishes do look a little fragile--would not take much to completely disintegrate--IMHO.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Clay casseroles by Roxanne 21 (Those were the "flav...)
I have one, but it's packed away, like so much of my stuff. I like it well enough but the magic pots fill the bill for me. 'When Billy comes' we will go on a treasure hunt and find some of these things.
  Re: Re: Clay casseroles by vannin (I have one, but it's...)
If I remember correctly, I found mine at a garage sale for not much. It was already chipped, etc.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy