Tourtiere Turnovers for PJ (etal)
  Re: Re: Tourtiere Turnovers for PJ (etal) by Lorraine (Sorry for the late r...)
Daphne, the only smoker I thought was more work than worth it was the first one I bought that had a little bitty door to change the chips and loaded from the top, so was very UN-user friendly!! Front loading gas ones are my favorite.

I am ready to upgrade again, not for the design, but for the sturdiness - it's harder to smoke in the winter and keep a constant temperature.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tourtiere Turnovers for PJ (etal) by cjs (Daphne, the only smo...)
I was looking for an old recipe I made - "Garlic-Pineapple Salsa" and ran across this great thread - again with Billy J interjecting.....

I love these old threads - so many good ideas.

Here's the salsa I was looking for, finally found it, but I sure wish in those days I was dating things. Have no idea when I played with this first.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Garlic-Pineapple Salsa

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : SAUCES, CHUTNEYS, RELISHES

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------

A few months ago, I bought a jar of Garlic-Pineapple Salsa that we just love. Even mixed with Pesto, it has a delightful flavor. I've been playing with duplicating it and now have one that is close, but not quite there - will play with more. It's missing the fresh 'upfront' pineapple, so will work more with fresh and a couple other ideas.

Garlic-Pineapple Salsa

1 cup pineapple, crushed, drained, but keep juice
2 tsp. honey
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. crystalized ginger, minced
2 tsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 T. onion, minced
1 jalapeno, minced (will replace with dried pepper flakes next time)
pinch cumin (will omit next time)
1 tsp. cider vinegar
1/2 tsp. sugar

Mix all the ingredients together, thin with a little of the juice if necessary. Cover and let sit in refrigerator for a few hours before serving.

This is a work in progress - but, it's very good right now!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tourtiere Turnovers for PJ (etal) by cjs (I was looking for an...)
Thanks, Jean. Copied!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."