A Swank Dining Experience
  Re: (...)
A friend of 25+ years came out to visit a few years ago and asked if she should bring heels and a nice dress to wear when we went out to eat. I about choked myself laughing. I told her that the really "nice" place to dine in Roseburg would probably have loggers in their muddy boots and dirty clothes as well others in their sweats, etc. Our fancy restaurants are like Sizzler, Rodeo Steak House, Chain Mexican restaurants, etc. We went to Sizzler and had "All you can eat salad, chicken wings and onion rings." A gourmet delight I assure you!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: A Swank Dining Experience by bjcotton (A friend of 25+ year...)
We had a friend who visited a few years ago from Oz, who asked if he should bring a dinner suit. I howled and contorted, kicked and tried to catch my breath, and said NO.
  Re: Re: A Swank Dining Experience by vannin (We had a friend who ...)
We have a chain here called Valentines, it is awful. I have to admit, of course, that their mushroom soup and bread was excellent. But the extensive buffet offering was pretty, if nothing else. Even the mussels were pretty, one could observe the pretty colours of the shell, through waffer thin mussels that must have dried over many days. It was esp. interesting as we left, the new waitress did a high five, and my hapless husband felt obligated to respond to this ungainly pile of boney lard. She jolly near dislocated his shoulder. We fled to the till place, $27.50 each, don'tchaknow, and after we picked ourselves off the floor, still helpless with laughter, still wiping our eyes, and crossing our legs, we paid, for what was probably the best culinary comedy anyone has ever had.