Holiday Cookies Book
  Re: (...)
Anyone receive theirs yet? I was charged on 11/10 but still haven't gotten my copy.
  Re: Holiday Cookies Book by mcd1982 (Anyone receive their...)
I didn't order one - for once I played it smart - three reasons -

1. I dislike (immensely ) baking/pastry!
2. I have cookie recipes coming out the kazoo...
3. (most important one... ) I know you all will post your favorites.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Holiday Cookies Book by cjs (I didn't order one -...)
WHAAAAAA!!!! I ordered mine in October---who knows when I will receive!! Hang in there--it's coming!

My issue will arrive AFTER the holidays---I'll be ready for next year--
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Holiday Cookies Book by Roxanne 21 (WHAAAAAA!!!! I ord...)
Yeah, I ordered mine the day the e-mail went out about it. They charged my card the 10th of Nov, and 11 days later...still no cookies. Bummer.
  Re: Re: Holiday Cookies Book by mcd1982 (Yeah, I ordered mine...)
I bought mine at the grocery store. After reading Jean's post, not sure why I did. I don't like baking, and I won't be home for the holidays.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Holiday Cookies Book by mcd1982 (Yeah, I ordered mine...)
HOPEFULLY it will be worth the wait!! From past experience, it has been.

Don't know if I have WELCOMED you yet--but WELCOME!!!

OH and BTW---hope you post your opinion on any recipe you do try----I LOVE baking, pastries etc. SORRY, Jean!

Still waiting for December issue and the SPLENDID SOUPS!! Those recipes have already been made and reviewed---WHAAAAAA!!!
  Re: Re: Holiday Cookies Book by Lorraine (I bought mine at the...)
I don't understand why yáll don't like baking??? You are professionals---maybe the main meat/potato/veggie kinda thing does it for you??

My feeling is that baking is a little more precise--one cannot really play too much with the ingredients. LOVE MY DESSERTS!!!! (in moderation, that is)

Cooking up a great entree is my favorite though--especially something I haven't tried before--getting tons of experience with that with you guys!!!
  Re: Re: Holiday Cookies Book by Roxanne 21 (I don't understand w...)
Thanks for the welcome. I received Splendid Soups a while back, I've only made the Baked Potato Soup, but I loved it. The only thing is, mine turned out much darker than theirs.

I think I received my December issue, but I really can't remember. I'll be cooking my first Thanksgiving out of the October issue, so I'm pretty excited!
  Re: Re: Holiday Cookies Book by mcd1982 (Thanks for the welco...)
Don't feel lonesome, I ordered mine on October 23. I emailed them and they said "Checks in the mail," we all know what that means .
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Holiday Cookies Book by mcd1982 (Thanks for the welco...)
Your FIRST Thanksgiving---you will have TONS of memories there!!! What are you doing from the October issue?? I have that one---FINALLY!!!

Sounds as though you are pretty relaxed with this scene--good on ya!!!