resting meat
  Re: (...)
I am looking at the recipe for roasted New York Strip in December's issue of Cuisine At Home. It indicates that you should let the meat rest for 30 to 60 minutes - but doesn't the meat get cold after resting?
  Re: resting meat by Val (I am looking at the ...)
Welcome, Val! I usually loosely tent the meat with foil, but, 30 - 60 minutes seems long to me.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: resting meat by Lorraine (Welcome, Val! I usu...)
I think five minutes is long enough.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: resting meat by Old Bay (I think five minutes...)
Welcome Val. Yes that is way, way too long. Must be a misprint. I usually let it rest while I'm finishing up other things 5-10 minutes.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: resting meat by Val (I am looking at the ...)
Val, the directions say 30 min, not 30-60 minutes and they do give their reasons - I would tent it near residual heat and let it rest 30 minutes. The juices will then be 'sucked' back up.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: resting meat by bjcotton (Welcome Val. Yes th...)
WELCOME, Val!!! I agree that 30-60 is way too long---no more than 15 minutes here---gives the meat enough time to have the juices redistribute and keeps the meat moist and more tender to the bite. Every other item can be finished up and plated in that time! Hope your meal comes out well---still waiting for my December issue---WHAAAA!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy