SHOPPING!!!!
  Re: (...)
QUIET day today---everybody is either shopping til they drop or recuperating??!!?? Let's take a poll!!

Neither for me--drama from yesterday will be related later--UGH!!!!!! BUT all ended well----
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: SHOPPING!!!! by Roxanne 21 (QUIET day today---ev...)
Definately recuperating! Was there a full moon or something? It's amazing to me, no matter how relaxed and organized we think we are, every family has some kind of craziness that manages to surface just in time for a holiday. Drama??? Oh, yes..........
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: SHOPPING!!!! by Mare749 (Definately recuperat...)
FULL MOON???? We have a bare wisp of the new moon crescent--what a beautiful clear evening with just a few small white puffs of clouds---and the reflections off the water (Atlantic Ocean) are to die for----the calm before the storm??? It did rain this morning---unheard of in November.

The crazies seem to always appear during a holiday--must be the loneliness factor --or looney---OOOOHHH-- I remember those days in the ER---what a nightmare (made the shift go by quickly though!!!)
I always forget something. No matter how carefully I plan, I usually end up forgetting something. Usually it's the rolls, since we rarely serve bread with dinner unless it's a special occasion. This year, I remembered everything, except the butter, which was all set to go, I just forgot to put it on the table, and when I got up to get the butter I saw that I'd forgotten to take my apron off.........So, did any of you forget anything?
  Re: Recouperating here by lxxf (I always forget some...)
Other than the oven screwing up, over moistening the stuffing and having to put the turkey back into the oven, things went swimmingly here . I started with 2 pkgs of croutons for the stuffing and when I went to "stuff" the turkey discovered it was too moist...read wet...so I added 2 more pkgs of stuffing and reseasoned and it was great. That's all I did yesterday since it was only my sis and me. Paul is home today and all he wanted besides that was gravy, so I made it this morning...no potatoes, no shrimp salad, green bean casserole, cake or anything else..just 2 store-bought pies and some cool whip and cranberry sauce.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Definitely NO shopping here! I had a lovely day at the spa though...what better way to recuperate?
Tammy
  Re: Re: SHOPPING!!!! by TwilightKitten (Definitely NO shoppi...)
NICE!!!! You spoiled brat!!!
  Re: Re: SHOPPING!!!! by Roxanne 21 (NICE!!!! You spoil...)
Well there was no shopping.

Let's see Thanksgiving was at my mom's. My sister and her husband and 2 kids didn't make it. They got stuck out in Arizona. Seems her husbands family showed up. Then to top it off my nephew got pushed off some boulders and took quite a tumble. Broke his big tooth pretty bad and then the jagged part went thru his lip. He's going to be ok thank goodness but to be safe they didn't want to do a 5.5 hour drive home. Other nephew slammed his foot in the door and took off his pinky toenail. He's ok as ok can be.

So my daughter and I head to my mom's at 2. Hubby is suppose to get off work at 2 and be there by 2:30. 2:15 the phone rings "Hon I'm going to be a while fatal crash and I have to stay on scene." Funny thing is most would be Oh my gosh on all days? This just old hand to us. He finally made it home at 5:30 and got my mom's at 6. Nice thing is, turkey holds very well if you just cover and let it be.

Friday was spent preparing yet another Thanksgiving dinner just for us and hubby's dad. Very nice day

Right now I'm about to go get 20 some odd balloons filled with helium for my daughters 17th B-Day party. I can hardly wait for 25 15-17 year old kids to show up. (insert sarcasm here) They're all good kids, but I know a few who might try something...'stupid'. Lucky for them I've been there an done that so between my and my sister we have all the bases covered.

I did have to run to the shopping center to pick up a present for a dinner party on Sunday and holy cow the parking lot was so filled. It was at that moment I realize just how wonderful online shopping is!! And if you shop around you can manage free shipping and sometimes no sales tax. Why would anyone put themselves through it? All hail the "WWW"
  Re: Re: SHOPPING!!!! by DFen911 (Well there was no sh...)
I wonder if the shopping thing is some kind of compulsion. Like the hunter "gathering" thing. Primeval. We pick up things neither really wanted or needed, (admit it). Maybe curiosity? Now I know Billys kitchen is tabulated and and organised. Mine is not. It is not, it is clean, but kind of shambolic. There is much I should consign to the dumpster out the back. If we have space we tend to fill it, bad thing.
  Re: Re: SHOPPING!!!! by vannin (I wonder if the sho...)
Oh my....Mrs. Dale, you should purchase either some additional cabinet space or garage sale price tags! LOL
Loving every moment of my life!!