One more question for bread bakers
  Re: (...)
What is the difference between bread flour and all purpose?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: One more question for bread bakers by Mare749 (What is the differen...)
I think the bread flour has a higher protein content, more gluten. But one of the others will be along to answer properly.
  Re: Re: One more questions for bread bakers by vannin (I think the bread fl...)
Thank you Dale, but what I really want to know is how it makes the finished product different. Does it affect the taste or the appearance?
Maryann

Re: Re: One more questions for bread bakers by Mare749 (Thank you Dale, but ...)
Hi Mare,
I'm really no expert,but in my experience the higher gluten bread flour gives the yeast more to work with and so bread seems to rise a bit higher and have more volume. It does seem to make a difference here, since it's a slightly higher elevation in the Adirondaks.
If you work with both, in time you'll have a preference in taste, texture and over all looks of the bread. In the end, I guess it's going to be whatever works best for you, but I prefer the bread flour results.
Hope you try and enjoy the garlic bread YUM
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: One more questions for bread bakers by farnfam (Hi Mare,[br]I'm real...)
You will find that bread flour gives you a much lighter texture than all-purpose flour.
I am looking for a lost recipe for dinner rolls that was in the April 2005 issue on page 41. Do any of you have that one that you could send me?
  Re: Re: One more questions for bread bakers by abaker (You will find that b...)
Thanks for the input everyone, and welcome abaker!

If you don't get a reply to your request, you might want to post it as a question where more people will view it. Someone always comes along with an answer that way.

Join us often, there are very nice people on this forum.

Maryann
Maryann