Don't knock it till ya try it
  Re: (...)
I discovered something quite on accident tonight. I am roasting some veggies (onion, red & Orange peppers, carrots and brussel sprouts) and sausage. When slicing the brussel sprouts in half a few leaves off each fell free. I just tossed them with the onions and carrots to get a head start in the oven, with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. When I took them out after about 10 min - to add the sausages and peppers - the leaves were all crispy. So I just snacked on them. OH my, they were so tasty. Crispy, and salty. Really good. I may have to try a whole tray of these! I wonder if they will hold or are only good right out of the oven. Something to look into further.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Don't knock it till ya try it by esgunn (I discovered somethi...)
Don't ya just love roasted veggies?? The sweetness is unrivaled--IMHO. I was pleasantly surprised with the brussel sprouts as well---will be making them in the next few days--I picked up some in the market yesterday that look really good, imported from Israel. The best fruits and veggies are imported---therefore, VERY expensive but worth it.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Don't knock it till ya try it by Roxanne 21 (Don't ya just love r...)
I roast veggies all the time, but have never roasted brussel sprouts even though we love them. They're on my shopping list for today!

It seems like there are a lot of recipes today for roasting vegetables to put into soup, which is one of our new favorites and a great way to use any leftovers. My hubbie never used to like vegetables, now he loves them.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
like eating candy, aren't they?? 'Fraid I can't help in the holding over dept. we seem to eat however I make at dinner and then picking at them while cleaning up...

Might not be quite as crispy, but I bet they'd be good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Neat! Love roasted vegies of all kinds. And the process adds great depth to soups...nothing like it!