Bacon-cider Pork with Marmalade Sweet Potatoes
  Re: (...)
from Weeknight Menus. Made this tonight. Very tasty! Will definately make this again. The only alteration I made was to add a spoonful of butter to the sweet potatoes right before serving, just our preference.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Bacon-cider Pork with Marmalade Sweet Potatoes by Mare749 (from Weeknight Menus...)
Thanks for posting. I'll have to bring the mag with me!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Bacon-cider Pork with Marmalade Sweet Potatoes by Lorraine (Thanks for posting. ...)
LORRAINE - THEY WILL NOT ALLOW YOU ON THE PLANE!!!

I made that last summer Maryann, hmmmm...didn't dislike, but didn't give it a 10 either. Loved the potatoes, tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Bacon-cider Pork with Marmalade Sweet Potatoes by Mare749 (from Weeknight Menus...)
Would you mind sharing the sweet potato recipe, please?

TIA -
dollop
  Re: Re: Bacon-cider Pork with Marmalade Sweet Potatoes by dollop (Would you mind shari...)
Here you go -

Bacon-cider Pork
(Weeknight Menus, p. 30-31)

Makes: 8 Steaks Total Time: 1 Hour including Sweet Potatoes Rating: Easy

Trim, Cut, and Season:
1 pork tenderloin (11⁄2–2 lb.)

Wrap; Saute in 1 T. Olive Oil:
8 strips thin-sliced bacon

Saute; Deglaze; Season:
1/4 cup shallots, minced
1/2 cup apple cider or juice
2 T. unsalted cold butter, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste

Related Recipes:

Marmalade Sweet Potatoes

Trim tenderloin of fat and silverskin and cut into steaks (about 11⁄2" thick). Season with salt and pepper.

Wrap each steak with a strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Heat oil in a large ovenproof saute pan over medium-high and saute pork 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Tip the steaks on their edges to brown the bacon, rolling them as they brown, about 3 minutes total. Cover and finish cooking to an internal temperature of 145°, about 5 minutes. Remove pork and keep warm; pour off all but 1 T. drippings.

Saute shallots for 2 minutes in the same pan, stirring constantly. Deglaze with cider, scraping up the brown bits and simmer 2 minutes. Then add butter, swirling until melted. Return pork to pan along with any accumulated juices and season sauce with salt and pepper. Shown with Marmalade Sweet Potatoes.

Nutrition Information (Per 2 steaks):
555 calories 63% calories from fat 39g total fat 9g carb. 464mg sodium 0g fiber 41g protein

Marmalade Sweet Potatoes
(Weeknight Menus, p. 31)

Makes: 11/2 lb. Total Time: 45 Minutes Rating: Easy

Cut; Toss with:
3 sweet potatoes (11/2 lb.)
1/2 cup orange marmalade, melted
Salt to taste

Related Recipes:

Bacon-cider Pork

Preheat oven to 425°. Wrap the inside of a baking sheet with foil and coat with nonstick spray.

Cut each potato into 8 wedges, toss with marmalade and season with salt. Arrange on prepared pan in a single layer, then roast for 35 minutes, or until fork tender, turning once. Shown with Bacon-cider Pork.

Nutrition Information (Per 6 oz.):
228 calories 0% calories from fat 0g total fat 56g carb. 45mg sodium 5g fiber 3g protein
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bacon-cider Pork with Marmalade Sweet Potatoes by cjs (LORRAINE - THEY WILL...)
OOOO---so you found Weeknight Menus!!! That was the first recipe I tried from this magazine and we liked it but didn't give it a 10 either---you're gonna love that little magazine--some delights in there.

I agree, I added butter to the potatoes too--just needed a little extra richness to offset the sweet-- LOVE BUTTER!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Bacon-cider Pork with Marmalade Sweet Potatoes by cjs (Here you go -[br][br...)
Thank you so much! Y'all are so good to take the time to share these recipes...it doesn't go unappreciated.