Knock..knock..newbie here!
  Re: (...)
Hello everyone! The last hour or so reading some posts here, I have seen that this is a terrific food board with the MOST wonderful people! I see no negativity or dissention in the ranks, just lots of respect and friendship. I promise not to do anything to disturb such peace, this is an oasis!
Hi Jan, Dale, Jean, Lorraine, and Billy. These are people I already know and love and ..Im another Kiwi!
I very much look forward to getting to know all the other members here ASAP.
Im off to copy some wonderful recipes Ive seen posted and to continue reading some very interesting threads.
Its nice to be here.

Lyn
  Re: Knock..knock..newbie here! by Lyndee (Hello everyone! The ...)
Welcome Lyndee!

You're right, this is a great board. I've stop posting on some other boards, (not cooking related) and stopped paying the membership fees for the very reasons you mentioned.

I've found there are no cliques here, lots of good advice and a lot of kidding around. And isn't that why we are here- to get advice, share knowledge and have fun?

Enjoy, make sure you have plenty of ink in the printer for all these great recipes, and check out Denise's, Billy's and Jean's Blogs, if you haven't already.

PJ
PJ
Hi Lyndee! Welcome to the boards You'll find great friends, terrific recipes and you'll stay for the Jello Shooters.

Glad to have you here!
  Re: Re: Knock..knock..newbie here! by DFen911 (Hi Lyndee! Welcome t...)
Hi Lyndee and welcome! You are so right, this is a very fun forum with nice people who are all so willing to offer helpful advice, recipes, and friendship. I just joined in recently myself and look forward to checking the forum every day, even if it's only for a few minutes. Hope you join us often. Great jello shooters!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Knock..knock..newbie here! by pjcooks (Welcome Lyndee![br][...)
WELCOME, Lyndee---you will have a great deal of fun here and we will look forward to your KIWI input!! The 'natter' that goes on here is a bright spot in my day---not much will keep me away from reading at least once per day---read: major catastrophe!!

Looking forward to seeing you around our table!!

Do you have any C@H mags yet? No need to worry, anything you might be interested in just ask---and you will receive!!

Gotta reign in some of those Jello Shooters--haven't come my way yet but I'm tempted---VERY tempted!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Knock..knock..newbie here! by Roxanne 21 (WELCOME, Lyndee---yo...)
Hi there Lyn!! You'll find this is one of, if not the only one, the nicest boards around. All different levels of cooking skills and we all are learning from one another. A wonderful group of friends.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Knock..knock..newbie here! by cjs (Hi there Lyn!! You'l...)
Welcome to the group! It is so nice to have another join us here! Plenty of knowledge and friendship abound with these folks. You expressed such lovely words and "hit the nail on the head" about this wonderful group/site!

I hope to "see" more of you...dollop.
I love this board--no politics, egos, snobbishness, or insults. Just people with common intrests, wit, and genuine concern--and we all love to cook and eat what we cook and the fruits of other's labor. Welcome--sounds like you'll fit right in.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Knock..knock..newbie here! by Old Bay (I love this board--n...)
Welcome aboard Lyndee! You will love this family!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Knock..knock..newbie here! by Bizymomma (Welcome aboard Lynde...)
OH GEEZ>>>All of you guys are sooooo sweet you are giving me a toothache. HAHA...Welcome to the board...but be careful it is extremely addictive habit. I nowadays get up in the morning and the first thing I check is GUESS WHAT.