Anybody celebrates Hanukkah?
  Re: (...)
Any Jewish members on this board? I have decided to celebrate a first day of Hanukkah this year. I am jewish by only by soul and culture. Does anybody have their family heirloom recipies to share?

Would love to get some.

Thanks
  Re: Anybody celebrates Hanukkah? by piano226 (Any Jewish members o...)
I'm just this boring Protestant who absolutely loves dishes that are offered for Hanukkah!! Bring on the recipes everyone!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Anybody celebrates Hanukkah? by cjs (I'm just this boring...)
Well as I said...I am only jewish by culture...I had a really funny moment with my boyfriend who is the same kind of a jew as me...

I told him a couple of years ago that I want to do my first Hanukkah dinner so I started to dig through all the jewish websites and ordered Jewish cookbook etc. He observed all of this and said...Sweetie for a split second there I thought you were trying to get in touch with your roots but in reality it is just another recipe for you to try. Sadly, he was not far away from the truth.
  Re: Re: Anybody celebrates Hanukkah? by piano226 (Well as I said...I a...)
"Jewish by culture"----as is my DH!!! I have tried over the years to celebrate Channukah -- lighting the candles in the Menorah etc. throughout the festival. DH will light the candles and say the prayer in Yiddish and English. I really don't know much about the customs but each year I learn a little more as I do research for the cooking angle. I will check into the recipes I usually prepare but, honestly, they are not too different from the Christian ones at this time of year. Turkey is on the menu--how ordinary is that?

I'll BE BACK!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy