It is so very slow
  Re: (...)
My laptop is fairly slow at home, but here where the electricty runs at 50Hz, it is excruitiatingly slow. That one of the reasons I have so much trouble writing my blog. The computer will be several words behind what I'm typing and when it does appear, it might be anywhere except where it's supposed to be. Maybe I'll use Dale's computer to do it since it's used to the electricity's frequency.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: It is so very slow by bjcotton (My laptop is fairly ...)
Hey! Great to see you, BJ!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: It is so very slow by Half_Baked (Hey! Great to see y...)
This computer was paralysingly slow yesterday too. It drives me crazy sometimes.
  Re: Re: It is so very slow by vannin (This computer was pa...)
Dale I dont know what phone company you are with but Xtra have a great deal at the moment for Broadband. Free install and modem I believe, and the monthly cost is pretty much as it is for dialup. You wouldn't know yourself with hi speed access! I cant believe I put it off for as long as I did.
What used to take a 1/2 hour to download now takes a few seconds!
  Re: Re: It is so very slow by Lyndee (Dale I dont know wha...)
We did the same thing here----SLOW was fast at one time!!! The ADSL line was installed--not cheap per month---but the time saved is worth it. NO COMPETITION here so we are stuck---for the time being.

The download on this forum though is VERY slow--how are you in the States?? just curious and

Billy---nothing to do with the 50 mHz---just really slow telephone technology outside of the States---UGH!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: It is so very slow by Roxanne 21 (We did the same thin...)
I've read that internet is more expensive in the USA than almost anywhere else, and we have competition.

We had dialup until about 5 yrs ago. You don't know what you're missing until you upgrade.

You are so right Roxanne...slow was fast! ...and I enjoyed it.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: It is so very slow by Half_Baked (I've read that inter...)
I don't mean to be outspoken here BUT---try $200.00 PER MONTH just for the adsl capability!!! This does not include the telephone connection---another $75.00 per month. EVERY phone call is charged by the second---even if you do not connect!!! I don't want to begin with the international calls. The connection fee was $400.00------sure wish we had competition. I will argue with you---you DO NOT HAVE the most expensive servie in the world---or am I mistaken?

SORRY___You touched a nerve there---don't want to be nasty cause there is nothing we can do about it...we chose to reside here soooo----
  Re: Re: It is so very slow by Roxanne 21 (I don't mean to be o...)
Good Lord, Roxanne!!! No, you certainly are not mistaken - that's just ridiculous.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: It is so very slow by cjs (Good Lord, Roxanne!!...)
Yeah!!! BUT--the best part that I forgot to relate---the citizens here are informed that they have the CHEAPEST and BEST telephony service in the WORLD!!! AND THEY BELIEVE IT---if they are not duly informed, that is.----
  Re: Re: It is so very slow by Roxanne 21 (Yeah!!! BUT--the b...)
Rox, that's incredible. Mine is cheap like borscht!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.