Cheesecake Lollipops
  Re: (...)
Crap! It always happens - when I yell Uncle, I find the answer to my predicament!!

I found this on food network - but it's a little different that what I've seen before. I think I'm going to go ahead and make a sheet pan type of cheese cake and mix it all up, freeze it and then continue with the below recipe.

Cheesecake Lollipops Recipe courtesy Barton G

3 pounds cream cheese
24 ounces sugar
2 ounces cornstarch
12 ounces sour cream
6 eggs

Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
Place the cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix on low until creamy. Add remaining items 1 at a time in the order listed, making sure to mix well and scrape the sides of the bowl after each addition.

After all items are well mixed, a flavor element can be added to the cheesecake (i.e. 500 g of mango puree, or any other type of puree, or pieces of items such as coconut).

Line a half-sheet pan with waxed paper and pour the mixture into the pan. Bake in the oven until it sets (but it shouldn't have any color). Cool and then place the pan into the freezer. Once it is frozen hard, remove from the freezer and cut into squares (or any other shape). Spear each piece with a thin bamboo skewer.

This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.

Recipe Summary
Difficulty: Medium
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 half-sheet pan, approximately 100 Cheesecake Lollipops

This should be fun!
-----

O.K. little more info that I've found:
this is from a restaurant in S.F. 'Lime' -

The dinner menu has a lot going for it, including some delicious minihamburgers, but do not miss those cheesecake lollipops. Alternating between dark and white chocolate, they shoot up from the plate like sprouts from soil, scattered with raspberries and dusted with cocoa powder in between. It's like when mom brought you to the bank and you got a free lolly, except instead of a fruity taste you get chocolate, with cold, tart cheesecake inside. Big-name local caterer Paula LeDuc has her own cheesecake lollipop recipe, but for those who just want to pop into a restaurant and pick up a batch, Lime is the place to go."
---

I found some other info - I'll go thru it and post tomorrow....Lorraine, we're are on a quest!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cheesecake Lollipops by cjs (Crap! It always happ...)
Jean, when I saw this mentioned, I thought it would be great. I keep telling him they can do waaaay better on their dessert tasting menu. The last argument we had about it, he said" well, you come up with a better one". I think you just have. I think this has real posibilities. Could they be rolled in a sauce and coated in crumbs maybe? Then set up. Just thinking. Thanks!!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Cheesecake Lollipops by cjs (Crap! It always happ...)
Interesting concept---never thought of this and of course have never heard of it. I would be very interested to know more though---may be a nice ?light? end to a dinner party--something different ---and who doesn't like cheesecake??

I will look at that recipe a little more closely and see if I could alter mine to create the end result---I LOVE A CHALLENGE!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Cheesecake Lollipops by Lorraine (Jean, when I saw thi...)
Yes, Lorraine - these are dipped in all sorts of goodies! One way I saw was like the 'tulip' dipping. One side in white chocolate and one side in dark chocolate and then some nuts.

For presentation, I've seen them lollipop end down on a try and also the stick stuck into something for a lollipop tree. You and Gil will have a ball playing with these.

I think between Lisa's and Denise's postings we have enuf info to recreate them. darn, I wish I wasn't going away this weekend - but come Tuesday!!

Sorry it took so long to get back to this - we lost power from Friday about 1:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. and colder than hell around here!! Thank God for the fireplace, but not efficient for heating a house....

Now, we're having trouble getting on the internet - both computers, I keep getting knocked off...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com