Splendid Soups---YIPPEE!!!
  Re: (...)
I FINALLY received my issue!!!! I read every recipe, cover to cover (as always) and am intrigued by sooo many of these delights (hopefully).

As always, I go for the seafood dishes first and made the Cioppino----very nice indeed!!! Not as good as my bouillabaisse recipe (DH's favorite!!!) but pretty damned close!! I made a couple of tweeks--used fresh tomatoes and tomato juice instead of canned whole tomatoes and a touch of anisette---I see the difference in the west coast version of fish stew vs. Marseilles but both are excellent. I have never used fresh fennel in my fish stew before so this was a nice addition that I may try with the bouillabaisse. I also used a combination of shrimp and chicken stock--superb!! The trick, as always, is the fresh seafood--picked it up this afternoon!!! SO much for a "kosher" Channukah dinner--- DH smiled through the entire dinner---Smile
I also made the sourdough panzanella but used french bread instead--not enough time to make the sourdough and it is not sold here--next time I will try this change and see if it makes a difference but, in any case, it was very good. I think I would cut back a little on the vinagrette and add a bit more fresh herb also. VERY NICE MEAL--but takes a wee bit longer than 50 minutes!!

I added a rouille, too---gotta have that with fisherman's stew!!!

No room for dessert---

NOW---what will I do next???
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Splendid Soups---YIPPEE!!! by Roxanne 21 (I FINALLY received m...)
Glad to hear it arrived, Rox!! That should keep you busy for awhile!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Splendid Soups---YIPPEE!!! by Lorraine (Glad to hear it arri...)
I've really enjoyed that book! Since it's in the high 60s now, I'm not much in the mood for soups.

Sure can't wait until January when it gets colder. There's nothing better than the smell of soup, or stew cooking in the oven.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
Not bad, Roxanne. I just got mine last week, although I guess it depends how long ago you ordered it. I haven't made anything in it yet because until today, the weather has been unseasonably mild for Cleveland. Turning colder though, as I write this. Thanks for the review.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Splendid Soups---YIPPEE!!! by Half_Baked (I've really enjoyed ...)
It's in the 70-80's here but just couldn't wait to try something---everyone has been raving about the recipes for forever!!!

I love soups any time--and YES!!! I will have fun with this one. I may even convert DH--not a big fan of soups but ya never know--he's a good sport and will try anything, once!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
Oh, I am so glad you finally got your copy! It is a wonderful little issue. I'm like you - LOVE soups!! You will so enjoy yourself as you tackle the recipes. "Good things come to those who wait."
Watched a Maori woman make the bouillabaisse last night. She used fresh fennel, red onion and fresh tomato in hers along with a fresh fume. Looked good.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Splendid Soups---YIPPEE!!! by bjcotton (Watched a Maori woma...)
I bet Y'all are having a blast!