Weeknight Menus - Asian Pork Sandwich
  Re: (...)
with Half-moon Salad. This is a very fun recipe. I cooked the pork early in the day and added the sauce, then refrigerated it until later. (The flavor really goes through it that way) Was gone all day, so when I got home it was very easy to put this together.

While the meat was warming, I buttered and grilled (not baked as in the recipe)the baguettes, then sliced the cucumbers and tossed the salad at the last minute. The pork mixture was very sweet, but fortunately the salad offset that just enough. My hubbie was crazy about this dish, and especially liked it as it cooled to room temp.
I would like it slightly less sweet, but still really enjoyed it. We will make this again.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Weeknight Menus - Asian Pork Sandwich by Mare749 (with Half-moon Salad...)
I made that....I think months ago in the summer! I really liked it, but then, I like a hint of sweet. I cook a lot with hoisin, which is also sweet. As long as you don't overdue it, I like it!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Weeknight Menus - Asian Pork Sandwich by Lorraine (I made that....I thi...)
I was wondering how many of these recipes have already been talked about before I came along since you have probably all had Weeknight Menus for several months now. I just got a complimentary copy with my first magazine last month, so it's all new to me. I'm loving it!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Weeknight Menus - Asian Pork Sandwich by Mare749 (I was wondering how ...)
This is a great little magazine for some tasty dinners---and easy too!! There have not been that many reviews done on the recipes soooo please post your opinion when you try one. This particular recipe I haven't done but I have been thinking about for a while---now I have been tempted again---thanks, Maryann---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy