Holiday Fudge
  Re: (...)
Does anyone have a killer fudge recipe? I'm talking the standard milk chocolate fudge, but something creative. Preferably with swirls or something. Any ideas?

Thanks!
  Re: Holiday Fudge by Allysa (Does anyone have a k...)
I do one with the standard recipe but I use white chocolate instead and the nuts I use are cashews. If you buy the ones in the can give them a quick rinse to get the salt off.

I also make a batch with milk chocolate and put almonds instead of walnuts. I then make another batch of each and put milk chocolate on the bottom and white on the top. If you want just pull a butter knife thru it the minute you pour it for a swirl affect.
...and then there is this fudge -

Mexican Fudge

1 pound Monterey jack cheese with jalapeno
1 pound cheddar cheese
13 ounces evaporated milk
2 eggs
3 tablespoons flour

Grate cheese and lay in greased 9" x 13" pan. Beat milk, eggs, and flour together, pour over cheeses. Bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees F. Cut into squares or diamonds, serve hot or cold.
---

Just kidding... (hmmm, does sound kinda good tho...)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Hi -

I've made a lot of fudge over the years working in the Kraft Kitchens. This is a particular favorite of mine.

It is a 2-Layer Fudge - a dark chocolate, walnut-studded fudge layer is topped with snowy, white chocolate fudge for a double-decker treat perfect for gift giving. So it is a little more interesting than just "plain fudge".

And it is really easy. Enjoy!

Lisa

Two-Layer Fudge

Prep: 20 min. plus refrigerating

1 pkg. (8 squares) Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk, divided
1/2 cup chopped Planters Walnuts
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. (6 squares) Baker's Premium White Baking Chocolate

MICROWAVE semi-sweet chocolate and 3/4 cup of the milk in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.

ADD walnuts and vanilla; mix well. Spread into foil-lined 8-inch square pan.

MICROWAVE white chocolate and remaining milk in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Spread evenly over semi-sweet chocolate layer. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Cut into 48 pieces.
Makes 4 dozen pieces or 24 servings, 2 pieces each.

Jazz It Up: Prepare and refrigerate as directed. Melt 1 additional square Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate; place in resealable plastic sandwich bag. Fold down top of bag tightly; snip a tiny piece off 1 corner (about 1/8 inch). Holding top of bag tightly, drizzle chocolate through opening over uncut fudge. Let stand until set.

Double Chocolate Orange Nut Fudge: Prepare as directed, stirring 1 tsp. grated orange peel into the white chocolate mixture.

Merry Mint Chocolate Fudge: Prepare as directed, omitting nuts. Stir 4 drops green food coloring and 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies into the white chocolate mixture. Sprinkle top of uncut fudge with additional 2 Tbsp. crushed peppermint candy for garnish.
  Re: Re: Holiday Fudge by lisafromkraft (Hi - [br][br]I've ma...)
And I thought I was done baking!! Not!!! I have to try this one. Thanks again, Lisa.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."