Anyone hear from Billy?
  Re: (...)
I've been thinking about his family and hope all is going well. I miss him.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Anyone hear from Billy? by Half_Baked (I've been thinking a...)
me too. I know different factions of his family are congregating, so he may be caught up in that.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Anyone hear from Billy? by Half_Baked (I've been thinking a...)
Billy was here, but he got word his sister, Fredia, was most unwell. So he pulled all plugs to get back to her. I was gutted that they had to return, before Waikari Bay, before Rotorua, before Christmas Day, for goodness sake. But I do understand, The Cottons are a close knit family, and his Fredia is closest of all. I DO understand, but somehow I feel robbed. Billy is everything I thought he was, and more, and his sister Carol is one of Gods treasures. A very dear Lady. I already miss them terribly. Life is thin without them.
  Re: Re: Anyone hear from Billy? by vannin (Billy was here, but ...)
Oh Dale, I feel bad for you too. You had so many nice things planned and we could all tell how much you were looking forward to their visit. What nice words you wrote about Billy and Carol. It is such a shame they had to leave, but coming from a close family myself, I would have had to do the same thing. I can imagine that your house feels a bit empty right now. Take care and try to have a nice Christmas anyway. And it's nice to see you back on the forum. You were missed!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Anyone hear from Billy? by Mare749 (Oh Dale, I feel bad ...)
I am indeed home now. It took over 24 hours for us to get here by circuitous routes due to the snow in Denver. We finally arrived home at 1:30 AM, 23 December.

Fredia is not doing well at all. The Dr's treating her initial bout with cancer did not complete the treatments. The Dr's here in Portland are completely baffled by their actions in Roseburg. She began her second bout with chemo today to treat the lung cancer. They still have not diagnosed the swollen lymphatic node behind her pancreas that was so painful. To top things off she is seriously low on potassium and even more seriously low on sodium in her blood. It was heart rending to see her. Even though she is not the eldest child, she is the matriarch of the family and to see her so helpless and ill was devastating. That's about all I can say now. I lose my composure so very easily this has me in tear again.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. God bless you all.

Billy
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Anyone hear from Billy? by bjcotton (I am indeed home now...)
Oh, Billy. I am so sorry to hear this report from you. Somehow I thought you would tell us how you were able to stir things up and find out promising information.

My heart aches for you as I can tell how devastated you are. Stay strong - your sister needs to see that from you. We are all praying and staying positive for you and your whole family.

You will certainly remain close in my thoughts.
  Re: Re: Anyone hear from Billy? by dollop (Oh, Billy. I am so ...)
OH Billy. I am so sad. Just know that Fredia is in our hearts and prayers. This is just heart wrenching. You all take care of each other. Love, Jan
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Anyone hear from Billy? by Half_Baked (OH Billy. I am so s...)
Thinking and praying for you and your sis Billy. Keep strong for you AND her. Please give a shout if you need anything.
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Anyone hear from Billy? by bjcotton (I am indeed home now...)
Chins up, Sweetie!! Love & thots for Fredia and the whole famn damily!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Anyone hear from Billy? by Bizymomma (Thinking and praying...)
Oh Angela honey, you all give me just what I need, an comforting word, encouragement and the heart to put some steel in my backbone...admittedly the steel gets real thin at times, but y'all help me get up and go at it again.

Thank you my friends.

Fredia was a little more lucid today, apparently her sodium level is coming up...someone was home at least most of the time, which helped too. I gave her a paua [abolone] shell from NZ that had been polished [it is a beautiful thing, I'll try to post a picture later]. She held it in her hand or it lay on her table and she continuously stroked it. It seemed to give her some comfort. Each day I bring her a gift, they may not be much, but something to give her a lift. I wished I could take Buddy up to see her, that would cheer her immensely.

Thank you my friends for the lift!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy