Salmon coulibiac
  Re: (...)
My friend brought one to accompany the prime rib and it was outstanding. I'd never heard of one before, but it was great. We had to much food that no one asked for seconds, which is astonishing for this group!
  Re: Salmon coulibiac by lxxf (My friend brought on...)
I love to fill people up...not so much that they unloosen their pants though.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
I've heard of coulibiac, but have never made nor tasted it. Hmmm, will have to look into this. Was what you had one large or individual?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Salmon coulibiac by cjs (I've heard of coulib...)
http://www.recipeland.com/recipe/20195/

Oooh, this sounds mighty good.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Salmon coulibiac by cjs (I've heard of coulib...)
I was one large one, and she used 4 lbs of salmon. The recipe calls for spinal chord of sturgeon but she used celophane noodles (thank heavens). It measured about 25x15 inches. It was a monster. Before baking, she used an egg yolk and cream wash on the pastry. It was really good.
There is an incredible salmon recipe in ISSUE 36 Page 20 that is very similar to this--same ingredients, more or less. The biggest difference is that the fish is wrapped in phyllo instead of puff pastry--- I have made this on more than one occasion and it is always a winner---has a great coconut sauce as an accompaniment---a must do!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy