desperate for lobster bisque recipe
  Re: (...)
A few years back there was a recipe for lobster bisque in the magazine. I can't find my copy anywhere!! I want to serve it tomorrow!! Can anyone help!!
  Re: desperate for lobster bisque recipe by anneelb (A few years back the...)
I found the issue, it is December 2003. If anyone has it I would be so grateful. I know it is a lot of work but this soup it amazing!!
  Re: Re: desperate for lobster bisque recipe by anneelb (I found the issue, i...)
Thanks Anneelb - come back a stay for awhile. We love talking about C@H and lots of other food.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: desperate for lobster bisque recipe by Half_Baked (Thanks Anneelb - com...)
Here ya go!

Lobster Bisque
(Cuisine at home, December 2003, Issue 42, p. 9)
Makes: 6-7 Cups Total Time: About 2 Hours Rating: Intermediate

For the Lobster Stock—
Steam:
2 lobster tails (8-10 oz. each), split in half
4 cups water
1 T. sea or kosher salt

Saute in 2 T. Olive Oil:
Lobster shells, meat removed

Deglaze with; Add and Simmer:
2 cups dry white wine
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
Reserved lobster water

For the Bisque—
Saute in 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter:
1 cup fennel, chopped
1/2 cup shallot, chopped

Stir in and Simmer; Puree:
Lobster Stock
1 cup fresh tomato, peeled, seeded, diced.
2 T. brandy
2 T. raw white rice
1 T. tomato paste
1 t. paprika
1/4 t. cayenne
1 bay leaf
1 thyme sprig

Add:
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 t. fresh lemon juice

Saute in 1 T. Unsalted Butter:
Reserved lobster meat

Steam lobster tails in salted water for 5–7 minutes. Remove tails and reserve steaming water for stock. When cool enough to handle, remove the tail meat. Chill until ready to use.

Saute lobster shells in oil in a stock pot over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.

Deglaze with wine. Add broth and reserved lobster steaming water. Simmer until reduced to 6 cups, about 45 minutes; strain.

Saute fennel and shallots for the bisque in butter, about 5 minutes.

Stir in stock, tomato, brandy, rice, tomato paste, herbs, and seasonings; simmer 40–45 minutes. Remove bay leaf and thyme sprig, then puree liquid in two batches. Return soup to the pot.

Add cream and lemon juice.

Saute lobster meat in butter over medium-high heat just until warmed through. Slice tails into 1/2" pieces and arrange on bisque. Serve immediately.
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: desperate for lobster bisque recipe by Bizymomma (Here ya go! [img]/ub...)
Oh piddle, here we go again - I had my N.Y.'s Eve menu all planned. I haven't made Lobster Bisque in a coon's age. Never have tried this particular recipe. Now is when I'll miss the professional equip. (robocoup) to make use of shells and all for all that flavor.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: desperate for lobster bisque recipe by cjs (Oh piddle, here we g...)
WELCOME Anneelb--come join in more often with further reviews of your recipes, please.

I haven't made the bisque BUT those stuffed lobster tails are awesome!!!

Rethink on the bisque---we mere mortals have to use what we have for equipment, Jean----sigh----don't understand how I bypassed that bisque---LOVE them!!! hmmmmm

BTW---what's a robocoup??
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: desperate for lobster bisque recipe by Roxanne 21 (WELCOME Anneelb--com...)
a commercial food processor - that makes mincemeat of shells for a bisque, then you put it thru a chinois (strainer) - really nice to have access to.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: desperate for lobster bisque recipe by anneelb (A few years back the...)
Welcome, Annee, be sure to tune in and let us know how it came out! I don't have a recipe for lobster bisque per se, I just wing it. As long as I have shells for stock, a touch of tabasco and the right amount of sherry, it always comes out good. One of these days (in my retirement, Jean??) I will try the C@H recipe.

Looking forward to your review!

PJ
PJ