Hey Grampa, What's For Supper?
  Re: (...)
Well, last night we had Butter beans [large limas] and cornbread with a green salad. Tonight we had Pork Chops [about 2" thick], boiled potatoes [for the 800 pound gorilla], mashed sweet potatoes and yams for the rest of us and a green salad. Marilee's husband grilled the chops on their Weber and they were perfect, nice and moist, yet done. The sweet potato/yam mixture was simply delicious. I mashed them and then put butter, salt, and pepper in them and we ate them that way.

What did you have?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Hey Grampa, What's For Supper? by bjcotton (Well, last night we ...)
LOL...I cheated. All the kids ended up leaving and with no plans for the last minute, I dug out 2 packages of Bertolli's Chicken Alfredo! Which by the way is very good. Tonight, I got the munchies, and cut off a wedge of iceberg and topped it with blue cheese dressing and blue cheese crumbles! Hit the spot!
Loving every moment of my life!!
Billy, you're making me hungry. I was supposed to have lima beans this week, cooked with the ham bone from Christmas Eve. My FIL makes this during the holidays and invites me over, but, unfortunately, he came down with a whopping cold. So, I'm taking him some homemade chicken soup in the morning instead. Maybe we'll have the limas next week. What are you cooking for New Years?

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Hey Grampa, What's For Supper? by Mare749 (Billy, you're making...)
Last night we had good ol' hamburgers and fries.

Mr HB had a pizza this evening. I just havent' been hungry lately...too many snacks, I guess.

I don't think I've ever seen a 2" pork chop...mmmmmm.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
Well, I made open faced hot turkey sandwiches for the PO, with baby peas. I had a yogurt. I did have plans for a pork t-loin, just never got to it.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Hey Grampa, What's For Supper? by Bizymomma (LOL...I cheated. Al...)
I REALLY cheated---daughter skyped us at around dinner time--previously planned because of the time difference---sooo ended up making breakfast--

Blueberry pancakes, bacon, fruit for DH and a salad for me---Those types of meals are just perfect at times.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Hey Grampa, What's For Supper? by Roxanne 21 (I REALLY cheated---d...)
We were very good peoples last nite (getting ready for the last holiday bonanza!!). A pork stir fry with lots of veggies over rice. Tasty, but good for us also!

It's almost 5 a.m. and in a couple hours I'm going to get the makings ready for Beef Stew (sans potatoes) for the crockpot and we'll have it over Boursin mashed tatoes tonite.

Picked up some wicked looking Spanish olive oil at a winery yesterday, so will make some bread this a.m. to do some tasting later today too.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hey Grampa, What's For Supper? by cjs (We were very good pe...)
I sampled some game sausages, focaccia with a great tapenade, cheesecake with a blood orange sauce, bread pudding with caramel sauce. When we got home at about 11pm, he made a ham, turkey, cheese sandwhich and opened a bag of wasabi potato chips. It was enough to give me nightmares!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.