Half-Baked Jan
  Re: (...)
Has anyone heard from Ms. Half-Baked Jan? I tried to call her this morning to find out if she needed me to fly out and take care of her, but no answer. Maybe this evening Mr. HB will be home. I'll try to call her again.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Half-Baked Jan by bjcotton (Has anyone heard fro...)
Billy---I think she may be at the hospital for whatever procedure she is undergoing?? Stand under correction though---wishing her all the best----ANY procedure is scary!!!

Please let us know if you should hear anything---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Half-Baked Jan by bjcotton (Has anyone heard fro...)
Billy and everyone - she underwent 7 hours of surgery, but she's home now and doing very well!! She'll be back on in no time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Half-Baked Jan by cjs (Billy and everyone -...)
Wow, seven hours is no small surgery! Hope it was successful and that her recovery is quick. Please tell her we all miss her and look forward to hearing from her real soon.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Half-Baked Jan by Mare749 (Wow, seven hours is ...)
I talked with Jan a little while ago and she is doing fine. I told her I would call her in a couple of days to check up on her, but in the meantime we all wished her well and were praying for her.

Billy
  Re: Re: Half-Baked Jan by bjcotton (I talked with Jan a ...)
SEVEN HOURS???? Holy moly---SPEEDY RECOVERY, JAN!!!

Jean---did you really mean that she is HOME? That's incredible---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Half-Baked Jan by Roxanne 21 (SEVEN HOURS???? Ho...)
Hello everyone. Yes, it was a surprise to wake up and find out I had a 7 hr operation. I feel every single solitary stitch since they rearranged my insides and removed all the past scarring and adhesions. I stay in bed most of the time. I do get up and walk every hour to make sure I don't get blood clots.

I fought to come home the next day, not remembering that I wouldn't have a morphine IV with me...ouch.

Feeling stronger every day but I am not allowed to bend, reach, twist or lift any thing for 6 weeks. Then I have to take care until about April. Can't drive for 2 months.

Thank you for all your prayes, calls and emails!

xoxo Jan
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Half-Baked Jan by Half_Baked (Hello everyone. Yes...)
Jan, it's so good to see you!!!!

a little aside to Mr. HalfBaked -
Harold, grab Jan's copy of Share a Recipe and check out the recipes on page 62 (if your copy isn't numbered , it's alphabetical - somwhat) for Roast Sausage with Onions, Pepper & Potatoes. And on pg. 18 (same caveat) Chicken & Leek Casserole. Both of these are wonderful and if you're a non-cook, you still will not have any troubles with these two! Give Jan a kiss and hug for us, please.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Half-Baked Jan by cjs (Jan, it's so good to...)
Oh Jan, Sweetie, how good to hear from you. Don't over do now, eat lots of chicken soup, matzo balls and anything else that will speed your recovery.

Just to cheer you up, I'll go get somebody's dog or cat and have them neutered/spayed just for you...there's a breeding farm not far from here, I'm sure they have an animal that needs spaying/neutering.

Billy
  Re: Re: Half-Baked Jan by Half_Baked (Hello everyone. Yes...)
Jan - glad to know surgery went well and you are on the mend! Take care of yourself. Prayers are heading your way.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.