Vegetarian cookbook...
  Re: (...)
I would like to buy a cookbook for a vegetarian. I am defintely not one, and have no idea what would be a good book to give her. I think she would prefer simple and quick with readily available ingredients. Recommendations?
  Re: Vegetarian cookbook... by Ron (I would like to buy ...)
I'm not a vegetarian either, but love the 'Moosewood' books - some of the best recipes I've seen.

Also, 'Everyday Greens' by Annie Somerville is a great one also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Vegetarian cookbook... by cjs (I'm not a vegetarian...)
I'm not a vegetarian either however I do lean more toward this type of food than meats---don't really know why. Anyway, I have this great book on my shelf that I go to often for info and recipes:

The Complete Encyclopedia of VEGETABLES and VEGETARIAN COOKING by Roz Denny and Christine Ingram
Published by Hermes House

This has everything one would want to know about veggies and more.

I have noted more and more vegetarian cookbooks on the bookstore shelves---any one would be appreciated, I'm sure!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Vegetarian cookbook... by Roxanne 21 (I'm not a vegetarian...)
Certainly not a book, but Delia Smith, in her 1980 Christmas Book, offered a parmesan parsnip recipe.

Peel and boil for 15 minutes peeled and trimmed parsnip. Cut their skinny tails off. And trim any woody centres. While they still steam, coat in 100% flour and 50% parmesan. S&P. Cook immediately if that suites, or refridgerate for up to 24 hours. Or freeze, for a month or so. If frozen, defrost, then bake with a chosen fat. I think she used groundnut oil. This is a really nice addition to many meals. I can attest to its flavour and charm.
  Re: Re: Vegetarian cookbook... by vannin (Certainly not a book...)
That particular book is chock full of wonderful Christmas; or here in NZ, winter recipes is it not Dale?? So very English. Which suits me right down to the ground!! Especially for that time of year. Her Summer book is another favourite. Mmmmm, summer berries in Rose wine jelly, brown bread or rhubarb crumble or lemon meringue icecreams, oh...and her rosti crabcakes are to die for.
Lots of vegetarian recipes also and I can recommend the fetta cheesecake and most of all the roasted bell peppers with anchovies, tomato, garlic and basil.
Enough already..I need food about now!
  Re: Vegetarian cookbook... by Ron (I would like to buy ...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
I like the Moosewood Restaurant cookbooks. If you would like to see a sampling of their recipes, go to www.moosewoodrestaurant.com, click on recipes, then on recipe archives.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."