Issue 60
  Re: (...)
Well, y'all---I finally got it!! A bit disappointed as I leafed through it though. I suppose because the recipes are holiday related and been there, done that already!!

That Asian pork recipe sure looks interesting though--gonna give that one a shot.

Any other opinions on the Issue? I do not recall too much coming out for reviews--just the pork.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Issue 60 by Roxanne 21 (Well, y'all---I fina...)
I got my first issue today Roxanne, No. 61. With the highlights of previous issues in the middle. A clever move, now I want the previous 60. Only had a flick so far, but the cover makes me glad I have a heavy duty jaffle iron (x4) and a barbeque double one. We call them quicksies in this country, the English call them bean pies. You can use either pasty or bread in them, and other coverings. Won ton wrappers, lasanga, pita (inside out) filo, even half cooked french omlette. This is such a mind launcher. I am very happy to have subscribed.
  Re: Re: Issue 60 by vannin (I got my first issue...)
PS. There should be a discussion on quicksies here, they are as delightful as they are are forgotten. In this country anyway. More fun than a toasted sandwich and can encompase anything from breakfast to the lightest dessert.
  Re: Re: Issue 60 by vannin (PS. There should be...)
Okay, Dale---do the quicksie thing here and enlighten us...
I don't quite understand what they are!!?!!

Now that you are officially a recipient of this magazine you will have to try some of the goodies and give us your New Zealand perspective. You are gonna have a great deal of fun substituting for the items you can't readily find on your shelves---unless you are better supplied than we are!

Now to receive 61---another 2 months!! maybe
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Issue 60 by Roxanne 21 (Okay, Dale---do the ...)
Well, I'm glad I didn't respond to your first post here, I was going to say Bill & I were both as underwhelmed as you were with the issue. But, it's 61 I'm talking about and I still can't find my copy of 60 - it's been missing for a couple of weeks....it's here somewhere. So I can't comment of that issue till I find it.

I don't remember being dissapointed with 60 tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com