Goat Cheese
  Re: (...)
I am not a big fan of goat cheese and usually just pass up recipes that have it in it. What do you think a good substition for goat cheese would be? Feta? Ricotta? Cream Cheese?

The recipe I am looking at right now is a pasta recipe that has it processed with spinach and garlic and tossed with the pasta.

Thanks
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Goat Cheese by esgunn (I am not a big fan o...)
Okay, Erin, I'm going to try posting for the 3rd time, I keep losing something. I would go with the feta. I think cream cheese and ricotta would be too mild if the recipe called for goat cheese. Would Romano work in your recipe? I used to make a spinach fettucine with sauteed chick tenders and a Romano/garlic sauce. It was really good, should do that one again soon.

Let us know how it turns out.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Goat Cheese by pjcooks (Okay, Erin, I'm goin...)
Thanks. I do like Romano - that is sheeps milk right? Please share the spinach fetuchini with Ramano garlic sauce. It also sounds really good.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Goat Cheese by esgunn (Thanks. I do like R...)
There is a Pepper Chevré that I believe is a sheeps cheese that is fairly mild and tasty. I don't care too much for goat cheese either, but the Chevré is good. I found a 5 pepper chevré at the store that we positively devoured. If you do use feta, make sure it is a cow's milk feta.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Goat Cheese by bjcotton (There is a Pepper Ch...)
BillyJ, Just wondering is all, cuz I thought feta would work well in place of goat cheese too. BUT Why does it have to be a Cow's milk feta?
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Goat Cheese by farnfam (BillyJ, Just wonde...)
You can still get the feta flavor with the cow's milk variety, but it isn't as strong. That's why I recomended it. The Goat Milk Feta I had in Athens about knocked me off my feet, as did the same I had here, but I liked the cow's milk version.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Goat Cheese by esgunn (I am not a big fan o...)
most feta we all get is goat cheese. and most times feta is used as a garnish, so you could probably use any crumbly cheese you like - asiago, bleu, roquefort....depending on your other ingredients.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Goat Cheese by esgunn (Thanks. I do like R...)
Hi, Erin,

This is a no recipe recipe. I make a bechamel, add some romano and roasted garlic. I dredge the chix tenders in some seasoned flour (I like salt& pepper and some tarragon), and saute in olive oil. I drizzle the sauce over the spinach fettucine and chicken, because I'm trying to watch my calories and fat. Or you can do it the regular way, toss your fettucine with the chix and the sauce.

How did everything turn out?

PJ
PJ