Cuisinart's Quantanium Skillet
  Re: (...)
Here's my report on the skillet. I used it for a week or so in Portland and am very happy with it. My sis, Marilee, was so happy with it she kept one of mine. I burned onions in it and thought, "Oh no! I remembered what happened to one of my silverstone skillets. Took a sponge and it washed right out, didn't even leave a stain. Same for when I burned sausage in it. It's easy to get distracted at Marilee's house. I sauteed some onions, garlic and other veggies in just cooking spray and they turned out very well. Fried some potatoes, some okra, sauteed chicken breasts, pork chops, etc. I am very happy with this skillet. It is a fairly heavy one with a metal handle that can go right into the oven, which it has. I don't think I've ever been as happy with a nonstick skillet as with this one. I'll have to find out if it comes in different sizes and get rid of my 20+ year old stuff. The anodized outside of the skillet scratches fairly easily, despite their advertising, but we don't cook on the outside do we? Out of 10 points I'd give it a 9 or 9.5.

I'm happy with my Cuisinart Stainless Steel skillet too!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Cuisinart's Quantanium Skillet by bjcotton (Here's my report on ...)
geesus, Billy, is it time to think about turning the heat down???? ...bless your heart.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cuisinart's Quantanium Skillet by cjs (geesus, Billy, is it...)
Nah, just pay attention to what I'm doing and not to what's going on all around me. I start cooking there and everyone migrates into the kitchen whether they're interested in cooking or not...at least until I brandish a knife at them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Cuisinart's Quantanium Skillet by bjcotton (Nah, just pay attent...)
Another plus for the skillet...we cooked up some onions and elk burger last night to add to the chile. Marilee said she'd hold the pan and I could scrape out the elk/onions when she tipped the pan...no scraping to it, when she tilted that pan everything just slid out, some on the floor, but most into the crockpot. The oil/grease also just ran out leaving a little beaded on the surface. I love this pan and ordered 3 more skillets, an 8", 10", and a 5.5 qt saute pan.

Billy
  Re: Re: Cuisinart's Quantanium Skillet by bjcotton (Another plus for the...)
Now you will have to put an extra room addition to your kitchen JUST FOR your pots and pans---what do you do with them????
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy