Auberge of the Flowering Hearth
  Re: (...)
Thanks Lorraine for mentioning this book. I purchased it from Amazon and started reading it last night. What an amazing book. I love it so much, I'm ordering another copy to send to my brother in Florida. (He's actually been to France, so he will really enjoy it)

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Auberge of the Flowering Hearth by Mare749 (Thanks Lorraine for ...)
Oh piddle, Maryann, I was going to keep this for our trip to the beach in two weeks - don't know if I can wait...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Auberge of the Flowering Hearth by cjs (Oh piddle, Maryann, ...)
Go ahead and start it anyway, Jean. I have a feeling it's a book that will get read 2 or 3 times. Especially since you are a chef, you will understand and appreciate the menus even more than than I do and I think they are pretty amazing. From the first chapter, I was transported to a different way of life. Enjoy!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Auberge of the Flowering Hearth by Mare749 (Go ahead and start i...)
I was able to visit France almost 2 years ago...is this book full of French recipes?
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Auberge of the Flowering Hearth by Bizymomma (I was able to visit ...)
I've read the book a few times!!! The recipes are definitely French, but written in English.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.