I'm So Proud of AND Excited For Madmax!!!
  Re: (...)
Tracie will probably shoot me to posting all this, but ya'all know almost all my secrets already, so what the heck.

She (Tracie/madmax) called me this weekend to announce she had upped the bar of her cooking adventures. She had some cauliflower and didn't know what she wanted to do with it - so, she got out her copy of Culinary Artistry, looked up what goes with cauliflower and proceeded to develop her own dish with the suggestions. AND SHE LOVED IT. I think that is so great and it's exactly what loving cooking is all about -

AND, she is also going to take some culinary classes at a school in her town. They offer classes on Saturdays, a different course each week. Below is the site for it and they are affiliated with my alma mater (so to speak) ACF.

http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2007/...ummies.htm

I hope she doesn't mind too much my bragging on her but I think this is so great! Pretty soon when I go to her house, I'll be sitting watching her do all the cooking...well, most of it, I'll have to help chop or something!

Right on Tracie Lee!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: I'm So Proud of AND Excited For Madmax!!! by cjs (Tracie will probably...)
Thanks for sharing that. I LOVE these kinds of stories. It does my heart good to hear of someone else branching out and beginning their journey with food and finding out how much fun it can be. Remind her to take pictures so she can chart her own progress

WTG Tracie!!!
  Re: Re: I'm So Proud of AND Excited For Madmax!!! by DFen911 (Thanks for sharing t...)
YAY Tracie...it's in her genes obviously and it sounds like she is going to happily take advantage of her background, watching and cooking with you.

This is so nice for both of you!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: I'm So Proud of AND Excited For Madmax!!! by Half_Baked (YAY Tracie...it's in...)
This is exciting news, thanks for telling us about this! My daughters aren't quite there yet, but I guess there is still time. I really need to order that book.
Happy Cooking Tracie!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: I'm So Proud of AND Excited For Madmax!!! by Mare749 (This is exciting new...)
How absolutely, utterly marvelous Jean. She is on her way now. I love cauliflower.
  Re: I'm So Proud of AND Excited For Madmax!!! by cjs (Tracie will probably...)
Oh crimney mom I'm the "looky-loo" here although I don't post much, trust me I can tell you everything that goes on here Yes I'm very happy to be able to pursue this adventure, also I'm getting a new cell phone to take pictures and even considering a "blog" not sure about that one yet. Anyways thanks and I can't wait til saturday for the adventure to begin.....By the way what a wonderful bunch of "foodies" on this web-site.
  Re: Re: I'm So Proud of AND Excited For Madmax!!! by madmax (Oh crimney mom[img]/...)
Way to go Tracy! I should be home next week and maybe we can go to the classes when I'm home together...I, too, am proud of you girl!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: I'm So Proud of AND Excited For Madmax!!! by bjcotton (Way to go Tracy! I ...)
OOOO, I am green with envy. It would be so great to have a course like that offered ANYWHERE near here!!!! You're a lucky girl Madmax.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: I'm So Proud of AND Excited For Madmax!!! by vannin (How absolutely, utte...)
OHHH---What a great new world you are about to enter, Tracie --- and what better advantage could you have than a Mom that can answer ALL of your questions and give expert advice. GO GIRL!!! Please, keep us "posted"---we could probably learn a few little gems along the way, too.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: I'm So Proud of AND Excited For Madmax!!! by Roxanne 21 (OHHH---What a great ...)
Jean, I want you to know that I finally ordered Culinary Artistry, as I have been wanting it since you first mentioned it a few months back. 3 to 5 days, I can't wait!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."