Spaghetti with Beef Mushroom Sauce
  Re: (...)
Here's something I found a few days ago. I made it and added a few red pepper flakes just for giggles...YUM:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Spaghetti with Beef Mushroom Sauce

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Beef-Veal

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 pound dry spaghetti
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound button mushrooms -- thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic -- finely chopped
1 pound ground beef or chicken
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper -- to taste
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes -- undrained
1 cup heavy cream -- optional
1 cup grated parmesan cheese (4 ounces)
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley leaves -- roughly chopped

Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions.

Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionaly, for 6 minutes. Add the garlic, beef, salt, and pepper. Cook until no trace of pink remains in the beef. Spoon off and discard any fat.

Add the tomatoes and their juices and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in the cream and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan. Simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 3 minutes.

Drain the pasta thorouoghly; add it to the sauce and toss.

Divide among plates and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and the parsley.

Source:
"Real Simple, February 2007"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Spaghetti with Beef Mushroom Sauce by bjcotton (Here's something I f...)
Looks good - lots of things you could do with it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Spaghetti with Beef Mushroom Sauce by cjs (Looks good - lots of...)
Sounds good Billy. Kind of reminds me of Blush sauce or Vodka Sauce. I'll have to try it. Thanks.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Spaghetti with Beef Mushroom Sauce by Mare749 (Sounds good Billy. ...)
Y'all should go to www.realsimple.com and check out their recipes, they have some pretty good ones.

Billy
  Re: Re: Spaghetti with Beef Mushroom Sauce by bjcotton (Y'all should go to [...)
Oh good Lord, Billy - all we need another food site...

Now, doesn't this sound like a perfect Friday nite junk food dinner???? Maybe a layer of melted cheez whiz 'tweenthe fries and meat/sauce layer??????
a layer of grilled onions... or Ortega chilis....

French-Fry Pie

4 cups frozen shoe-string French fries
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 14-ounce jar marinara sauce

Heat oven to 425° F. Spread the fries on a baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 25 minutes.

Meanwhile, cook the ground beef in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until no trace of pink remains, 8 to 10 minutes. Spoon off any excess fat. Add the marinara sauce and cook until warmed through. Transfer to an 8-by-11-inch or 8-inch-square baking dish. Top with the fries. If desired, return to oven for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.

Yield: Makes 4 servings

think of all the things you could do with this -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Spaghetti with Beef Mushroom Sauce by cjs (Oh good Lord, Billy ...)
"Maybe a layer of melted cheez whiz 'tweenthe fries and meat/sauce layer"

That would be real close to Poutine!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Spaghetti with Beef Mushroom Sauce by Lorraine ("Maybe a layer of me...)
Hi there!! That's right - I forgot about your poutine!

Lorraine, I was thinking about you last nite - I picked up some Bresaola and played with it - will go make a post about it. YUM!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Spaghetti with Beef Mushroom Sauce by cjs (Hi there!! That's ri...)
I made this again tonight with chicken, 1 1/2 pounds of muchrooms, mild homemade salsa [no tomatoes in the cupboard], low-fat half and half and a cornstarch slurry. At the end I added about 1 1/2 cups of freshly grated Parm. Reg. ...if I'd made twice as much I think it'd all have been eaten.

Billy