Lorraine's Pictures
  Re: (...)
Is this what you want Sweetie?

http://rodan.myphotoalbum.com/albums.php
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Lorraine's Pictures by bjcotton (Is this what you wan...)
I enjoyed the pics so much Lorraine and they caused me to be munchy all week. I kept daydreaming about the cheeses, desserts and meats...wow!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Lorraine's Pictures by Half_Baked (I enjoyed the pics s...)
The one entitled "pheasant" was our Christmas Eve dinner. I won two pheasants at an online auction. I had never cooked them before, so he gave me a lesson (the Inn was closed that day). We had the breast that night. I used some of the meat to make dumplings and put them in the broth. Yum. Then he boned out the leg and thigh meat, added some foie gras and truffles, and made sausages.

The July 4th parade was from Stanardsville, VA last year. Most of the pictures in the "Montreal " album are on Rue St Paul in Old Montreal. The church is the Margeurite Bourgois Chapel. The 4 soldiers landed at the Inn for supper one night (they are part of a group that do re-enactments). They were fun.

If anyone is into car racing, check out the pics of the Formula 1, Toronto and MOntreal Indy, and Champ car.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Lorraine's Pictures by Lorraine (The one entitled "ph...)
Lorraine, you and Gil must have had the best time ever. What fun! .... and such a wonderul dinner!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Lorraine's Pictures by Half_Baked (Lorraine, you and Gi...)
Oh man, I almost didn't look at the pix cause I thot I'd seen them - glad I looked!!

Lorraine, pix #23 - looks like a fried wonton?????
piz #29 - ought to be a poster!!!
Did Gil make the sausages? Or are those some of the goodies from the market??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lorraine's Pictures by cjs (Oh man, I almost did...)
Yes, a fried wonton with Wakame Salad. I was on fry duty, so was practicing. I loved the wakame. Have to read up on how to make it. Or, I could just ask him! LOL Yeah, #29.

If you look at the Montreal ones, there's a pic of some of the food at Narcisse, the wine bar in the hotel. One is their creamy onion soup. The other was listed as "Frites & Mayonnaise Maison". Homemade fries with a trio of mayos that changed daily. I think there is also one of the terrine do foie gras. Prices were dirt cheap, $5.00 for the soup, frites $4.00, foie gras $11.00. And that's Canadian! They are in the midst of changing their menu. They have a new Chef, 28 years old, trained under Alain Ducasse, and he is wonderful. Prices are going up a bit, but still cheap in my books for the quality. The new menu will have a dish with sweetbreads in a port sauce. (Are ya listening, Jean???)
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Lorraine's Pictures by cjs (Oh man, I almost did...)
What a wonderful salivating experience, Lorraine----I'm drooling and AGAIN green with envy----I guess we will have to go to the Montreal Formula 1 races one of these years---and make a side trip??? I will have to plan on OVERWEIGHT baggage!!!!

Now that Michael Schumacher is retired--guess I have to go for one of the other Ferrari drivers----both are great, IMHO!!! We are HUGE F1 fans---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Lorraine's Pictures by Roxanne 21 (What a wonderful sal...)
What a wonderful adventure I have had, going through your album Lorraine. Thanks Billy for getting this up. I still think you look like a rather naughty pixie. So good to see Gil too, I have only seen the pic. on a long ago site. He looks a gem, I am so happy for you Lorraine. Just love the motor racing, as you do. Thank you so much for the tour.
  Re: Re: Lorraine's Pictures by Lorraine (Yes, a fried wonton ...)
Oh, my, Lorraine, what great pics! I thoroughly enjoyed going through your albums, everything looks so wonderful!

Montreal is only 4 or 5 hours from here. I think the Picky One owes me a vacation (It's been 2 or 3 yrs) so maybe I'll start making plans.

Thanks again!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Lorraine's Pictures by pjcooks (Oh, my, Lorraine, wh...)
"(Are ya listening, Jean???) " - listening, drooling, copying.....

time for a road trip!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com