Oh, Lorraine, this really is comfort food!
  Re: (...)
I made your recipe for Gratin of Hard Cooked Eggs tonight. We got a big snowstorm, it's cold and I just plain wanted comfort food. Thinking my husband wouldn't exactly go wild over this for dinner, I made him a steak and salad. Well, we both loved it! Sure is rich though, can't eat much of it, it's pretty filling, but ohhhh, soooo, goooood! Thank's Lorraine. Do you have any more comfort food recipes?????

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Oh, Lorraine, this really is comfort food! by Mare749 (I made your recipe f...)
hmmmm, moving this up the list.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Oh, Lorraine, this really is comfort food! by cjs (hmmmm, moving this u...)
I'd better make sure I have that recipe....
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Oh, Lorraine, this really is comfort food! by bjcotton (I'd better make sure...)
I think I will move this to real soon as well---I'm in need of some comfort!!! Just took DH to the airport and I'm lonely---you guys are gonna see a lot of me for a few days!!! UGH!!! More than usual, that is---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Oh, Lorraine, this really is comfort food! by Roxanne 21 (I think I will move ...)
No frowny face, Roxanne, we love seeing you here!!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Oh, Lorraine, this really is comfort food! by Lorraine (No frowny face, Roxa...)

I'm trying!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Oh, Lorraine, this really is comfort food! by Roxanne 21 ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Just think of something spectacular you can serve him when he gets home. I bought two pork tenderloins today and visited the Penzey's Spice store today. I got: Whole Star Anise, Dill Weed, Grenada Blade Mace, Indonesia Cinnamon Sticks, Fines Herbes, Balti Seasoning, Sate Seasoning, Adobo Seasoning, Garam Masala Punjabi Style, and Ceylon Cinnamon, plus a Pork Base. I've never used the Star Anise, Fines Herbes, Sati, Balti, Garam Masala...ah heck, I've used the dill weed and Indonesian cinnamon. But now I have somethings to play with.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Oh, Lorraine, this really is comfort food! by bjcotton (Just think of someth...)
LOL Lorraine, teach this one to Campbell when you get your hands on him. Has he rung you yet, the little bugger, I shall growl at him. So good, I made it it in a ramekin(sp) with one egg. It really does rock. It was a cook for m'solf, since Shane is away. Very nutritious I think, eggs are just pre-meat after all.
  Re: Re: Oh, Lorraine, this really is comfort food! by vannin (LOL Lorraine, teach ...)
Glad you liked it, Mare! It is rich, a little goes a long way. I'll rassle up soem of my favourites for you. Ellen, I'll try to touch base with him this week!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Oh, Lorraine, this really is comfort food! by Lorraine (Glad you liked it, M...)
Wow, thanks Lorraine, I'm looking forward to this!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."