Potato and Zucc pancakes
  Re: (...)
Ilost my receipe for the potatoes and zucc pancakes. I am having a birthday party for my husband and he loves them. Can anyone help?
  Re: Potato and Zucc pancakes by DianeJ (Ilost my receipe for...)
WELCOME, DianeJ----do you mean pancakes?? Or are you looking for the zucchini cakes? Those were really good---you will have a fairly quick response but I don't remember a pancake recipe---Sad

Hope to see you around-----Smile

Is this what you are looking for?? A thread was done on this a while ago and this is part of the post:

This was a good side dish for a sole menu I made a few nights ago. I wasn't keen on a full starch that evening sooo combined the starch and the veggie.

I made a major blunder when I went to panfry them though---you MUST use a non-stick pan---what a mess I made with my regular pan---that's what I get for not paying attention to the recipe---anyway, the dish was salvaged. It was better with a dollop of sour cream and chives on top.

Nice change of pace--and easy to prepare!!

Issue 59 page 21

I know someone else mentioned this along the way but I don't think a critique was given.

Potato Cakes with Zucchini & Onion
Makes 12 cakes; total time 35 minutes

Combine 3 cups zucchini
1/2 tsp kosher salt
Stir together:
Prepared zucchini
3 cups russet potatoes, grated (1 1/2 pounds)
1/2 cup onion grated
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 t. cayenne
Olive oil

Combine zucchini and salt in a colander. Let drain 5 minutes, then wring dry in a kitchen towel.
Stir zucchini and remaining ingredients together (except oil). Heat 2 T. oil in a NON-STICK skillet over medium low heat. Drop potator mixture in oil by 1/4 cup measures and flatten to 1/2 inch thick. Saute cakes until potatoes are cooked, about 5 minutes per side. Fry in batches, using additional oil if needed. To keep cakes warm, place on a baking sheet lined with a rack, cover with foil and hold in a 200 degree oven

Per 2 cakes: 216 calories; 30% calories from fat; 7g total fat;32g carb; 621mg sodium;3g fiber; 7g protein

"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Potato and Zucc pancakes by Roxanne 21 (WELCOME, DianeJ----d...)
Welcome Diane. I vaguely remember something like that, but can't find it in the recipes. I'll keep looking and see what I can find. Is this it?

Potato Cakes with Zucchini & Onion
(Cuisine at home, October 2006, Issue 59, p. 21)

Makes: 12 Cakes Total Time: 35 Minutes Rating: Easy

Combine:
3 cups zucchini, grated
1/2 t. kosher salt

Stir Together:
Prepared zucchini
3 cups russet potatoes, grated (11⁄2 lb.)
1/2 cup onion, grated
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
1 egg
1 1/2 t. kosher salt
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. cayenne
Olive oil

Combine zucchini and 1/2 t. salt in a colander. Let drain 5 minutes, then wring dry in a kitchen towel.

Stir zucchini and remaining ingredients together (except oil). Heat 2 T. oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-low. Drop potato mixture in oil by 1/4-cup measures and flatten to 1/2" thick. Saute cakes until potatoes are cooked, about 5 minutes per side. Fry in batches, using additional oil as needed. To keep cakes warm, place on a baking sheet lined with a rack, cover with foil, and hold in a 200° oven.

Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Potato and Zucc pancakes by Roxanne 21 (WELCOME, DianeJ----d...)
Thanks This is the receipe I could not find. I miss not having an index in the back of the magazines. I love this magazines and have not had a receipe that did not come out great and get many compliments on my cooking. DianeJ
  Re: Re: Potato and Zucc pancakes by DianeJ (Thanks This is the r...)
You are most welcome, Diane. You are NOT alone---it is very diffficult to navigate these mags for the recipes---even with an index--poor layout. Even if I sort of know where a recipe was---takes a long time to find it.

Wonder if the moderators are listening??? Somehow, I don't think so---love the recipes though!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy