Trader Joe Wine Alert
  Re: (...)
While we were in Seattle/Bellevue a couple weeks ago, we also included a wine run to T.J.s - and slowly trying some of them .

Falcon Ridge, Lodi Zin '04 - $5.99!! What a little jewel.

The winery notes: "...(Lodi) creates wines that are ripe & fruit-forward w/soft tannins that pair well with marinara sauce, grilled chicken, or bbq beef. With its bright, vibrant fruit flavors and zesty personality, this wine can go with just about any dish!"

Well, I had made a Honey Poppyseed salad dressing for our salads and I was just amazed and happy at how well the zin complimented the salad.

We were finishing up Roberto's Sausage & Veggie Roast (see Share a Recipe book ), so of course the wine was very good with it also. But to go so well with the salad really surprised me.

Now, I just hope we can get to a T.J.s again soon enuf to get some more of this.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Trader Joe Wine Alert by cjs (While we were in Sea...)
WHHHAAAA!!!! It ain't fair---as I say again for the millionith time----ohhhh, to have your options!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Trader Joe Wine Alert by Roxanne 21 (WHHHAAAA!!!! It ai...)
" It ain't fair"

I agree, Roxanne!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Trader Joe Wine Alert by Lorraine (" It ain't fair"[br]...)
Jean, you always find the absolute best deals. When I go shopping for 'finds', I usually end up with all kinds of skanky wine.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Trader Joe Wine Alert by cjs (While we were in Sea...)
Hi, Jean, I'm just discovering Lodi reds. Affordable and very drinkable, aren't they? I have to find a Trader Joe's around here, would love to try that one out.

Thanks for the tip.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Trader Joe Wine Alert by pjcooks (Hi, Jean, I'm just d...)
Lodi's doing some good things with wines lately. We're in the process of planning a trip and they are on the itinerary. So maybe we can find some really good ones at the wineries. (finger's crossed)

and here's one more! It's a T.J. label -

Trader Joe's Chilean Collection, '05 Merlot and the price is even better - $3.49. It's also very good tasting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Trader Joe Wine Alert by pjcooks (Hi, Jean, I'm just d...)
Off Topic..well, just a bit!

Jean, I picked up a pamphlet on Virginia Wineries that I'll send to you. Just in case you're ever in the neighbourhood!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Trader Joe Wine Alert by Lorraine (Off Topic..well, jus...)
from your lips to God's ears, Lorraine!!! I'll be glad when this 'semi-retirement' job is over for Roy and we can get out of the west!!
www.achefsjourney.com