Creative thinkers-----need some new ideas
  Re: (...)
What to do with leftover roasted veggies. I usually just chop them up and add them to a risotto, or puree them for soup. I know all of you will think of a hundred ways to use them! Thanks,

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Creative thinkers-----need some new ideas by Mare749 (What to do with left...)
OOOO--my favorite is to make a sub or sandwich. Throw some of the veggies on a toasted roll of choice brushed with olive oil then grate whatever cheese you prefer and place under the broiler until it melts and----YUMMM!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Creative thinkers-----need some new ideas by Roxanne 21 (OOOO--my favorite is...)
a veggie burrito!! If it's wrapped in a tortilla, I love 'em. Add a little cheese and hot sauce and I'm good to go.

if no tortillas in the house, probably an omelet or twice-baked tatoes.

Anxious to hear other's ideas too!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Creative thinkers-----need some new ideas by cjs (a veggie burrito!! I...)
I chop them up and use them in my twice baked potatos. I also like them for omelets.

Edit - can you see how much I've learned from Jean. I obviously didn't read the posts very thoroughly.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Creative thinkers-----need some new ideas by Half_Baked (I chop them up and u...)
we were twins in another life, jan...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Creative thinkers-----need some new ideas by cjs (we were twins in ano...)
These all sound very good, especially the toasted sub sandwich! Anybody ever use them on pizza?

Keep 'em coming, I'm loving this! Thank you all.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Creative thinkers-----need some new ideas by Mare749 (These all sound very...)
I've used them on pizza. I also use them as a base for gazpacho, along with leftover salad. Great on paninis! Or as a stuffing for chicken breasts with some cheese. Chop them up with a bit of mayo and seeded mustard and make crostini. Is it supper time yet?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Creative thinkers-----need some new ideas by Lorraine (I've used them on pi...)
I've used them chopped in a hearty salad, add a little meat and cheese if you like. If there are enough, mash and season them for a side dish.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Creative thinkers-----need some new ideas by bjcotton (I've used them chopp...)
be great as a filling for raviolis!! yum. I also add to pizza and just tossed with somepasta and add some cheese. We're all going to be looking to have left over veggies with all these ideas...
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Creative thinkers-----need some new ideas by cjs (be great as a fillin...)
You could put them in the blender with a bit of broth and use them as a sauce.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.