Walnut Juice?
  Re: (...)
Hi everyone, I made that wonderful Mediterean Cauliflower with Asian Accents again. MMMMYUMMM I boiled the walnut pieces in about 2C water. I saved the liquid, it has a nutty flavor. Any ideas what I can make with it????
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Walnut Juice? by farnfam (Hi everyone, I made...)
Rice? Risotto?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Walnut Juice? by Lorraine (Rice? Risotto?...)
Couscous? Chicken stock? Any stock? Spinach and walnut soup?
  Re: Re: Walnut Juice? by vannin (Couscous? Chicken s...)
Spinach walnut soup, there's an idea. Do you have a recipe Dale dear?
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Walnut Juice? by farnfam (Spinach walnut soup,...)
Not really Cis, I just made it after I got some gloriously fresh walnuts from my fav veggie shop. They were shelled halves, buy double you need because you will eat them.

Enough spinach for the people you are feeding. (or silverbeet, or bok choy, or anything green)
Cook it, squeeze it and puree with some of the cooking liquid and walnuts. You will prob. use it all of course, maybe some veggie stock as well.
Return to pot.Cook. Add stuff. Some soy, splash of Worsty, Lots of pepper, salt, oyster sauce, whatever takes your fancy. Stir in some cream or sour cream at the end. Or add cream and float sour cream with 3 halves of walnut on it. There is nothing you can do wrong. A bit of sweet chilli is good. We like it.
  Re: Re: Walnut Juice? by vannin (Not really Cis, I ju...)
Sorry Cis, forgot herbs. I prefer curley leaf parsley myself, added before you finish the simmer, and some chives sprinkled. But anything will do. Mainly soft herbs I think. Walnut and pumpkin are good too.
  Re: Re: Walnut Juice? by vannin (Sorry Cis, forgot he...)
OOOOoo Creamy Pumpkin Soup, James' been asking about some since Thanksgiving (meant to make some but haven't gotten around to it) I could use the walnut juice in place of some of the stock. It calls for pear juice too. This will make a nice first course. Now I've just got to find that Lentil Crisps recipe that goes with it. YUM Thanks dear Dale
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Walnut Juice? by farnfam (OOOOoo Creamy Pumpki...)
some very tastey sounding ideas here!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Walnut Juice? by cjs (some very tastey sou...)
Interesting, indeed. I think I would use this for an addition to anything that asked for a broth or stock addition----great for a vinaigrette also.

I am unable to find walnut oil here---this may be a great sub--just reduce a little-----THANK YOU!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Walnut Juice? by Roxanne 21 (Interesting, indeed....)
Oh Sweetie, that really sucks! I just bought a pint of it while I was in Portland. Have you made Jean's Pork Stuffed Poblanos with Walnut Sauce yet? Girl, you don't know what you're missing. If/when you do, make extra sauce, you'll be glad you did.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy