My books arrived!
  Re: (...)
Culinary Artistry and the CIA's Culinary Boot Camp.

I'd love to crawl into bed and just read all afternoon but I have to wait for my sheets to dry. Yep, he's doing laundry again...
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: My books arrived! by Half_Baked (Culinary Artistry an...)
Jan, I'd say they came just in time....Now maybe you will stay down like you're suppose to....

Since I was reading Culinary Artistry until about 2 a.m. that first night and couldn't start cooking, I took notes as I was reading and the creativity kicked in. Have fun, and I'm glad you are feeling a bit better today.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: My books arrived! by Half_Baked (Culinary Artistry an...)
I'm not going to have to come down there and whip you am I Jan? You ARE going to be a good girl are you not? Don't make me get my switch now! Great book huh?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: My books arrived! by bjcotton (I'm not going to hav...)
I'm being good. I think Mr HB might be getting annoyed with me pointing and snapping my fingers....lol.
Jan

Re: Re: My books arrived! by Half_Baked (I'm being good. I t...)
ya think??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My books arrived! by cjs ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
I got my copy of Culinary Artistry today!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: My books arrived! by Lorraine (I got my copy of Cul...)
You're really going to enjoy it Lorraine. I keep going back to mine almost every day.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: My books arrived! by Mare749 (You're really going ...)
I even brought my copy up to my lil sis' house so she could see it and maybe order her one.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: My books arrived! by bjcotton (I even brought my co...)
Oh boy, just have a ball with the book and what perfect timing - you ARE supposed to stay off your feet as much as possible....

One hint I've been meaning to mention/post whenever this book comes up is something I did to mine when I realized how often I would use it. I made page tabs for the book -

Seasons
Flavor Pals
Food Matches
Seasoning Matches
Ethnic Flavors
Entree Pals

and a couple of subjects they cover that are of particular interest to me - ones that I'm going to all the time.

It sure saves time...

Again, have fun Jan!!

P.S. - geez, sorry Lorraine, the other day I called Jan June.... Since it's you and you haven't been advised to keep your feet up, sneak it in front of your computer at work.... and since it's you, quick, check out page 121 (bottom half of page )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My books arrived! by cjs (Oh boy, just have a ...)
That's a great idea, Jean. I usually go through my new books and mark recipes that I have to do asap. I love post it notes.
Jan