lost recipe
  Re: (...)
I am having company over tomorrow for a much bragged about dish from the Feb 2006 Cuisine athome issue, I cannot find my issue and would appreciate someone posting the recipe, "broiled citrus seafood".
thank you so much, Chef-Di
  Re: lost recipe by CHEFDI (I am having company ...)
First and foremost, WELCOME CHEFDI!!!!

I went to the Feb 2006 issue--there is nothing there even remotely similar to what you are asking for. Is it possible for you to give a bit more info on ingredients--maybe we can go from there to assist----sorry!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
Well, I don't know - I looked at 151 'seafood' recipes in the archives and here is the closest and I don't think it's the one. Like Roxanne says, I think we need more info.

(but must say, I've never done that search and I found some things I'm just going to have to try!!! )

Spicy Citrus Shrimp
(Cuisine at home, December 2003, Issue 42, p. 13)

Makes: 6 Servings Total Time: 30 Minutes

For the Sauce—
Combine:
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
3 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
3 T. adobo sauce from chipotles
3 T. fresh lime juice
2 T. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 t. kosher salt

For the Shrimp—
Duste with 2 T. All-Purpose Flour:
1 1/2 lb. extra large shrimp (16-20 count), peeled, deveined

Garnish with:
1/2 cup mango, peeled and diced
3 T. scallions, chopped

Related Recipes:

Parsley Rice

Preheat oven to 450°.

Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a large mixing bowl.

Dust shrimp with flour; combine with sauce. Transfer to baking dish. Bake at 450° for 7 minutes; stir and bake an additional 7 minutes.

Garnish with mango and scallions before serving.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
That would be Feb 2007 instead of Feb 2006 - page 12.
  Re: Re: lost recipe by cjs (Well, I don't know -...)
Ya know what??? This was the recipe I immediately thought of when I read the post of CHEFDI---but it was a few years ago that it was offered---not 2006.

This is a really great recipe---one that I make fairly frequently because the shrimp ends up so melt in your mouth tender and those spices and sauce are great with a fine pasta or plain white rice.

One thing to mention though---unless you are a really HOT SPICEY person you should cut back on the adobo a bit---daughter brought me a couple of cans on one of her trips and I find that a little goes a looong way!!

I give this a 10----for sure---this was going to be my birthday dinner choice but Mom would not be able to handle this meal after a 36 hour trek over here---maybe later during her stay!!
  Re: Re: lost recipe by Roxanne 21 (First and foremost, ...)
OOPS!!! I meant the 2007 issue...very sorry, so awesome that you checked for me, and thanx for the warm welcome!!
  Re: Re: lost recipe by cjs (Well, I don't know -...)
This recipe looks awesome, but I made a big mistake, the issue is 2007!!!!

I am amazed at the response I recieved, you guys are awesome!
chefDi
  Re: Re: lost recipe by CHEFDI (OOPS!!! I meant the ...)
2007 ISSUE????---That means I have to wait---AGAIN!!!!!

WHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! Is that #61----oh my, can't wait for that one---any good seafood with spicey/citrus is the first on my list!!!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention CHEFDI---now to get the issue----hmmm.......
  Re: Re: lost recipe by Ron (That would be Feb 20...)
YOur right, I realized that this morning!!!! Do you have the recipe, I just need the ingreds for the tarragon mayo, and the citrus marinade.
Di
ChefDi
  Re: Re: lost recipe by Roxanne 21 (2007 ISSUE????---Tha...)
Yes thats the one!!! Thanks anyways!!!
ChefDi