I just watched Emeril on food network
  Re: (...)
It was a very old show. There was no BAM!!! nor a Band. He talked to the camera, was calm, showed us how to cook the dish and was very pleasant.

When did he start acting so ridiculous?
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: I just watched Emeril on food network by Half_Baked (It was a very old sh...)
I like Essence of Emeril shows, particularly the older ones. I watch Emeril Live only if I have a burning interest in seeing a recipe prepared, rather than just printing it off the website. I don't need a band, "Bam," "Hey Babe" and all the other nonsense, but it must appeal to some people because he's still on.
  Re: Re: I just watched Emeril on food network by Ron (I like Essence of Em...)
I'm with you Ron, I love the Essence of Emeril shows - you can really see what a wonderful chef he is - for me, the other is just enterainment. Jan, Essence is a pretty old show, but I think it's still in production, isn't it??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I just watched Emeril on food network by cjs (I'm with you Ron, I ...)
"but I think it's still in production, isn't it?? "

I haven't seen a new one ( or actually even an old one) in years. I agree, some of the best stuff he ever did. Just him and the camera.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: I just watched Emeril on food network by Lorraine ("but I think it's st...)
Based on lighter weight and more hair on those episodes, I don't think that any of them are current.
  Re: Re: I just watched Emeril on food network by Ron (Based on lighter wei...)
LOL I think you're right, Ron!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: I just watched Emeril on food network by Lorraine (LOL I think you're ...)
We used to have Julia Child and The Frugal Gourmet. Now we have Ham on the Street and The Ace of Cakes.
  Re: Re: I just watched Emeril on food network by Ron (We used to have Juli...)
I loved Jeff Smith (The Frug) and have all his cookbooks. Too bad he had that 'incident', alleged or not, because he was never heard from again.

I just haven't watched Emeril in years. Hated the new show so I never bothered with the old ones.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: I just watched Emeril on food network by Half_Baked (I loved Jeff Smith (...)
Jan, I liked Jeff Smith also and have a couple of his cookbooks. It really was a shame that he had that alleged incident, because it obviously destroyed his family. I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that he has since died.

In his cooking with wine book, there is a wonderful bean soup recipe that I used to make for my husband all the time. I'll have to look that up.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."