Stovetop Smoker and maple brined chicken
  Re: (...)
Hello Everybody,

Apparently I have missed one gadget in my kitchen...STOVETOP SMOKER...so here I go...received it yesterday and made the smoked chicken. Of course i did not read the recipe well ...you suppose to brine it for 4 hours...oh well...that did not happen but the chicken came out very moist and my b/f and I really liked it. I also made wild rice pilaf and that was excellent. I am really looking forward to playing with that smoker more. Today I will attempt Tuna steaks...we shall see how it goes. So far I love that thing...I can see me using it plenty of times.

Marina
  Re: Stovetop Smoker and maple brined chicken by piano226 (Hello Everybody,[br]...)
Marina, I have been waiting for somebody to review the cooktop smoker. Did you use it inside the house? And did it make your house all smokey?

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Stovetop Smoker and maple brined chicken by Mare749 (Marina, I have been ...)
HEEEEEEEEE...funnny you asked

So my b/f was totally agains me making it in the house because of that reason...so i turned on our gas grill and started doing it there...there was a little bit of smoke...lots less than normal cooking or frying or whatever...so i brought it into the house and it was just fine.

I will let you know how the tuna will turn out.
so i brought it into the house and it was totally fine.
  Re: Re: Stovetop Smoker and maple brined chicken by piano226 (HEEEEEEEEE...funnny ...)
The first time I had smoked schnapper was at Waikauri Bay, smoked by Doug. Hot smoked that is. He had caught the fish in the afternoon, and smoked the expertly filleted fish at about 6 pm. I did not know what I was eating, but it was simply splendid. I knew it was schnapper, but did not understand the smoking process. There was nothing else on the plate, except 1/2 a lemon. Not a bone, not smitchon of skin, not a smear, nothing but a little dribble of butter, bliss.
  Re: Re: Stovetop Smoker and maple brined chicken by vannin (The first time I had...)
I've been hearing of more and more people smoking in the house ( food that is!!!). My brother does it in a wok, with no smoke in the house. I may hae to try it! Thanks for the reminder.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Stovetop Smoker and maple brined chicken by Lorraine (I've been hearing of...)
I've been looking at the Cameron Smoker for years. In fact, I do believe I had it on my wish list at one point.

Glad to know you are very happy with it.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.