Another bread recipe
  Re: (...)
I made this today and it was really tasty.

Crusty French Bread
13 oz. water
4 cups of bread flour
2 T. sugar
2 tsp. salt
3 tsp. active dry yeast or
2 1/4 tsp. quick rise yeast
Optional: I added 2 T. raw sesame seeds

Put all in the bread machine and run through the dough cycle. Take out and form into two oblong loaves, slash the tops on the diagonal 3 times. Sprinkle some cornmeal on a baking stone or large baking sheet, and put the loaves on to rise again 30 to 45 minutes.

Just before baking, I brushed the tops with beaten egg white and sprinkled with some more sesame seeds. Bake in a 400 oven for 30-35 minutes.
----------------------------

This recipe is from the book that came with my Welbilt bread machine and is for a 2 lb. loaf. The addition of sesame seeds and the method came from another book. Today I made one large loaf and 4 torpedo rolls which we used for dinner for hot italian sausage sandwiches with sauteed onions, peppers, and melted mozzarella. I baked the rolls for 20 minutes.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Another bread recipe by Mare749 (I made this today an...)
"4 torpedo rolls which we used for dinner for hot italian sausage sandwiches with sauteed onions, peppers, and melted mozzarella."

good Lord, talk about drooling!!! That sounds so good!

Also, speaking of mozzarella, can't remember where we were, but I picked up some Goat mozz. Have never seen it before, used it last nite and it's got the nicest, really different flavor! if you like goat cheese, that is.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com