Jean's cookbook to be
  Re: (...)
Jean, I really am excited for you to finish your 'private' cookbook. I know I'll love every recipe in there.

btw, BJ, did Robert ever finish his cookbook? I know you said he'd been ill. He has had such an interesting life.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Jean's cookbook to be by Half_Baked (Jean, I really am ex...)
Jean put me on your list for when you finish--let's see how quickly we can sell out the first edition.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Jean's cookbook to be by Old Bay (Jean put me on your ...)
Now it's my turn to say "WHAT?" Are these done deals and I missed it???
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Jean's cookbook to be by Lorraine (Now it's my turn to ...)
We were supposed to be recipe testers for this book Lorraine. You for the more sophisticated ones and me for the simpler..my style...recipes. I've seen neither hide nor hair of a recipe..have you?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Jean's cookbook to be by bjcotton (We were supposed to ...)
Oh piddle (oh my, started typing and after typing 'pi' found my left hand one key to the left for the next two letters.... ) (( how many had to look to see what I typed???? )

There are two books in me - one, fairly easy, the compilation of two to three generations of wonderful cooks in my family and our wonderful friends, this one is ever present, stacked next to the computer to be worked on periodically.

But, the othe one, the one I would love to just dedicate all my time to, I'm finding is hard to progress in because with Roy still working part time, we have to travel the same roads over and over and can't get out to really explore the places I need to explore.

This book will be about Farmer's Markets - I want to visit as many as I can, find out their best sellers (which a couple have completely surprised me already!) and make a cookbook using those products, in addition to local produce. So, right now between traveling the same by-ways and not always the seasons for farmer's markets, it's real slow going.

A couple of years ago, I did ask a few folks if they would be willing to test recipes for me to make sure I was on the right path, but I haven't reached that stage as yet. Also, that list will have to be modified a bit because of last summer's hijinks.....

Anyway, that's where the books stand, one anxiously awaiting my creativity to get in gear, and the other made difficult because I can't put all the dishes I want to in it, I have to omit so many - and I can just see all those women sitting up there on their clouds just daring me - "Jeanie, don't leave MY darn recipe out of this!!"

I'm rambling.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jean's cookbook to be by cjs (Oh piddle (oh my, st...)
There are two books in me - one, fairly easy, the compilation of two to three generations of wonderful cooks in my family and our wonderful friends, this one is ever present, stacked next to the computer to be worked on periodically.

This is the one I was thinking about. I've never heard of the Farmer's Market book. Unless I wasn't paying attention.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Jean's cookbook to be by Half_Baked (***************[br]T...)
Jean, I love both ideas and want both when they are finished.

Would it help any if you had field editors around the country to visit farm markets? You could provide us with questions you want answered, and we could provide you with photos and the recipes we collect.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Jean's cookbook to be by Mare749 (Jean, I love both id...)
hmmmmm, interesting idea Maryann - except the recipes. I'm/We're going to develop them!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jean's cookbook to be by Mare749 (Jean, I love both id...)
Would it help any if you had field editors around the country to visit farm markets?

No way!!! If I do that, she won't come visit!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Jean's cookbook to be by Lorraine (Would it help any if...)
Ooooooh! I didn't think of that. Jean, you really need to see Cleveland's West Side Market. Even Rachel Ray did a segment here. And duh...I don't know what I was thinking, of course you want to write your own recipes!
Guess I just got so excited about the whole idea. Well, at least you know it's a good one.

Check it out. http://www.westsidemarket.com/

Maryann