Avocado Tomatillo Salsa
  Re: (...)
This is really good served with fish and shrimp, grilled, breaded or fried, so don't just limit it to chips. The tomatillos and avocados really contrast and work well together.
8 tomatillos, husk removed, and coarsely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 jalapeno peppers chopped
salt and black pepper
2 medium avocados, peeled, pitted,and diced into 1/4 inch pieces
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves and small stems only, finely chopped.

In a food processor place the tomatillos, garlic, jalapeno, onions, and salt and pepper to taste. Process until roughly smooth, then stir in the avocados and cilantro.You can add sugar if it is too tart. Let it sit for 2 hours before serving. This is from Marc Greene's Old Mexico Grill in Sante Fe.

Just to let you all know I will be out with surgery for a very early cancer--prognosis is really good--probably no chemo or radiation. I will be out until probably 2/26--so wish me well. I will miss all of you--so try the salsa and think of Old Bay!! Back in March!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Avocado Tomatillo Salsa by Old Bay (This is really good ...)
Bill, I'm sorry to hear about the cancer. Thank God you caught it early. I hope your surgery goes well and that you'll be back soon. (((hugs)))

ETA: The salsa looks great...thanks for the recipe!
This recipe is right up our alley Bill, will try for sure. Thanx
Btw Very best wishes, hoping your surgery goes well and you recover quickly. Sending good thoughts to you, Old Bay, ol'foodie buddy.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
A speedy recovery to you. I am glad it is a good prognosis. We will look forward to hearing from you in March.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Avocado Tomatillo Salsa by esgunn (A speedy recovery to...)
I'm so glad it was found early. Sounds like everything will be fine but I know your anxiety level has to have risen. Take care and we'll be awaiting your return.

Thanks for the salsa recipe...!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
Wishing you the very best, Bill. Take it easy and get better soon!

Thanks for the recipe, I can't resist an avocado.

Take care.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Avocado Tomatillo Salsa by pjcooks (Wishing you the very...)
Oh my Bill, you off to the hospital, we're off to sunny (by God, it better be!!) So. Calif. and Nevada....I think I like my plans better - all good luck to you and that salsa sounds so good. I grew Tomatillas in California, don't know yet if I can up here.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Avocado Tomatillo Salsa by cjs (Oh my Bill, you off ...)
Bumping this back up for anyone who hasn't made it yet. I'm making the salsa today. Really good stuff. (This originally went with the potato chorizo tacos which must be made again soon).
  Re: Re: Avocado Tomatillo Salsa by Trixxee (Bumping this back up...)
And, I'm sure glad you two are healthy now!!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Avocado Tomatillo Salsa by cjs (And, I'm sure glad y...)
I agree, Jean!

I must give this one a try!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.